Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 It was well-traveled.  If there is a supermarket in your vicinity, you could see if they have fiddleheads in the frozen food section.  Highly unlikely, but I have seen them in Safeway here.

The solidarity I was speaking about refers to a parrot  named George which is being put down today, the t-shirt has some of his peck parks on it, and so I thought it would be appropriate to wear it 'in memoriam'.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Poor Geaorge.  I'm sorry to hear it.  What is wrong with him that his life is to be terminated so abruptly?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Old age, he's 25.

kitten

Poor parrot.  I hope someone will do as much for me when I get too old.

Gopher

A long, long way to go yet.

kitten

When I lose all quality of life, as the woman I care for has, then I'd like to be gone too.

Gopher

Maybe you won't be able to realise it!

kitten

That's the worst nightmare of all.  Sometimes my lady does realize it, and she's inconsolable until I can distract her.

Gopher

Oh, it really must be awful for her - not knowing MUST be best. In the meantime let's hope that the 'secret life within' is still her's to explore with some degree of happiness.

kitten

At least all reruns are new to her, even if she can't remember who the actors are.

Gopher

That's something good, at least. I remember that my grandmother towards the end of her life (in her mid-nineties) seemed always very content (despite her truly awful condition) with thoughts that she was in her teens and  was taking part in rallies with  her local cycling club.

kitten

My biggest concern is that I won't be there if she thinks she should get up, since her legs have lost all strength.  A fall could mean that she would spend her remaining time in hospital.

Gopher

Is it likely that she will think thjis?

What especial negative  signs are to be expected in old people in this sort of hot weather?

kitten

Increased drowsiness and less connection with reality.  Heat stroke is especially worrisome because she doesn't notice that she is getting too hot for a blanket over her.  She will stare at her food and forget she is supposed to eat so I assist.  I frequently have to wake her because she will fall asleep while still having her mouth full.  All these things are magnified in the heat.

Gopher

Today my step-father (88) is suddenly finding it hard to keep his balance. Anything to do with the heat, I wonder as until today he's been exceptionally (even hyper) active for his age.

|