Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I think heat could be responsible for lack of coordination.  I know that if I stand up or turn my head suddenly I feel light-headed.  This is not a normal condition although my friend suggests that it is chronic air-headedness.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

More or less my opinion too.

But let's have a break from old age and ill lhealth and celebrate the fact that neither of us are EVER going to be other than personae non grata as far as the likes of George Bush are concerned.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

A very good thing to cheer for!  If I was in his favour I would be looking for the nearest psychiatrist.  Ditto for Harper, for that matter.

Gopher

You wouldn't be looking for a psychiatrist - you'd be running for cover!

kitten

When there is no clear separation between church and state, any country is a dangerous place to live.  I don't know why people haven't figured this out yet, or at least the ones that have are in the minority.

Gopher

I share your disestablishmentarian attitide wholeheartedly. On another subject entirely, I asked for an increase in my PAID hours this morning -  I seem to be working longer and longer and getting nothing extra for it. I have no expectations whatsoever, but at least I've 'staked my claim'.

kitten

Good for you, Gopher.  I really hope you get what you deserve.  People can take a lot for granted without knowing how much effort and time you put into a job.  I wish I could do that.  All the shopping and cooking for her is done on my own time.  I also have to be there to let doctors and other professionals in on my time.  Sometimes it seems that I sleep and breathe the job.

Gopher

Same here. When you work on your own, nobody has any idea of all the 'extras' that  are  entailed.

I think that generally because one is unsupervised one is assumed to do far less than one is paid for: our 'superiors' never seeming to give credence to the possibility that their 'underlings' are honest, conscientious  and industrious. (Maybe they judge us by their own personal standards?).

kitten

When you're at the bottom of the employment ladder, there's no way to delegate responsibility.  My employer know how much I do extra, but there has never been a hint of remuneration.

Gopher

Then we're more or less in the same boat. Ah well, blessed are the poor (although I've forgotten why).

On which sanctimonious note I'll leave you for today.

kitten

Ah, but it's the rich that say that!  Until tomorrow.

Gopher

Tomorrow, I mean today, is here - but where are you?

kitten

I just got home from the doctor.  He has pronounced me fit to live, so everything's fine.  This heat is ridiculous.  Are you in one of the areas that are slated for rain today?

Gopher

No. It rained here about every two hours yesterday, we had very heavy - but brief - showers, even puddles; however ten minutes afterwards it had all dried up so well that there wasn't a trace of moisture to be sen. Today's not bad at all, the vile humidity blanket has lifted, the sun's shining, the sky's blue AND there is a very welcome breeze to cool things down a little. It's almost ideal (however several degrees lower would be even better). No doubt another sticky night will ensure.

kitten

The nights are hard to deal with.  Not enough sleep can cloud even the sunniest disposition.  I don't know when we are going to get any rain.  It seems it's going farther north but with the risk of lightning I feel so sorry for the people living in threatened areas.

|