Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Yes, indeed.  I just worked my first shift of the week.  Sunday evening seems so far away.  Your weekend starts tomorrow, doesn't it?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

No, I have to wait until Friday for that luxury, I have half a mind to have a 48 hour long siesta when it comes.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Pity.  I hope the rest of the day slows down its pace for you.  Are you contemplating another siesta today?  Or will you have the chance to?

kitten

Looks like the replies overlapped.  Good for you.  It gives you more time to relax in the evening before sleep.

Gopher

No chance whatsoever today - alas. Two lots of people in already, plus three separate callers, not to mention phone calls and the arrival of letters, have all conspired to throw everything out of gear today. Shall have to make up later it will all hang-on to greet me tomorrow.    

Gopher

Overlapping replies? Now there's an interesting idea. However I can't make out whether I overlapped you, or you overlapped me. But as you're a kitten, and therefore used to lapping, I'll assume it was you.

kitten

Sorry, I misread your last post.  I thought you said 4 hour, not 48 hour siesta.  

Gopher

A 4 hour siesta is way too short for my present needs!

kitten

I'm sure it was me.  You would never make such an error!  One thing about being extra busy, though.  It makes the day pass quickly.  

Gopher

Certainly does - it feels like 11 p.m. already!!!!

kitten

You mean it's not???  I guess that means I have to work another shift today.  *mumble, grumble*

Gopher

Console yourself, it's the longest day of the year (I think).

kitten

It certainly feels like it.  I am thinking of things I must accomplish today before work, but I feel a sudden attack of inertia coming on.

Gopher

Inertia's not necessarily a bad thing - however the trouble is that it never seems to come on us at the right moment. At the moment I'm feeling very inert about answering my mail - I love writing letters, but nowadays it takes me ages to get round to making a start (once started and everything falls back into place). By the way, I turned down the trip to Poland - but left the door open for the possibility of doing it in 2008.

kitten

I don't recall you mentioning a trip to Poland.  Postponing is fine, at least you know you will still be going eventually.  That would be a very interesting thing to do.  Do you plan a long trip, say a month or more?  I don't think you could take it all in in a year's time, but that would be a start.

|