Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

I'm not quite sure how long it will last, maybe three or four weeks - all I know is that some very old German friends wrote me and told me that if I flew over to Germany and met them there, they'd work out an all-expenses paid holiday with them in Poland. They seem to go there every year, so getting a postponement was no trouble. I WOULD  go A.S.A.P. but I want to devote holidays this year and next to visiting as many very old friends as I can - not to mention doing as much nostalgia wallowing as possible. I think I've now got to the stage of having seen so much that I'd rather see it all again than go about discovering 'new' places. I suppose you could liken the situation to falling in love every five minutes - so frequently that there's never any time for love itself.We meet so many people in our lives that it's hard to think that in order to see them all again we almost need another lifetime!Yes, having 'found' I'd now like to do some more relaxed 'appreciating'.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Now that I see your plans for this year and next, I believe that you have made a sensible and wise decision.  The trip sounds like the chance of a lifetime, but putting long-time friends first is the best thing to do.  There's nothing wrong with wallowing in nostalgia.  After all, these are the people that shaped your life.  They must be good people....one doesn't revisit bad memories out of nostalgia.  You are very fortunate to have so many wonderful friends.  It indicates that you must be a good person yourself.

You must have been to many places and seen many things.  I just felt a sudden pang of envy, since I've  also wanted to go look at the world, but haven't really seen much at all, compared with what I'd like to see.  Circumstances always seemed to prevent any wandering that I contemplated, but the dreams were there.

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Well ma'am, I don't think that I've got a lot of friends - it's just that the few I have are very dear to me and always have been. As for travelling, yes I've been very lucky in that department - as you say, all a matter of circumstance because there have been years and years when I've been bogged down in 'nothing' at all.

kitten

A few trustworthy friends are much preferred to a horde of acquaintances.  One good friend is worth his weight in gold, or so I read somewhere.  Therefore several good friends make you wealthy beyond imagining.  

Now I must tear myself away from the computer and prepare for work.  

Gopher

With luck you'll have torn yourself back for my next session!

kitten

I tore back as quickly as possible.  Are you still around?

Gopher

Yes I'm still here - and in the meantime I had a makeover. What were YOU doing?

kitten

I was dashing off in all directions simultaneously as I tried to complete my client's shopping.  I thought I made reasonable time considering how the line-ups are at the cash registers.

Gopher

Line-ups at cash registers are a nightmare...especially now that paying by plastic seems to be coming more and more prevalent. The nagain, there are those people who watch all their shopping get added up, and THEN start to look for their money (this is a particular annoyance of mine).

kitten

One of my pet peeves is when they not only start to look for their money, but have to search around for the exact change, including lots and lots of pennies.   Grrrr...

Gopher

...and more than likely they drop it too?

kitten

Gopher

Ah, the penny's dropped!

Otherwise, how's your morning?

kitten

My morning was rather hectic, but it passed swiftly, which was good.  My patient was cranky, but the day is bright and beautiful, so it balances out nicely.  And I have now reached mid-week of my work week.  Oh frabjous joy!!

Gopher

I'm on the first of my day's off - and so far it's going excellently. The weather's cooled down to 'bearable' and in response my energy levels have shot up.

|