Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Only you can know.

Incidentally, my siesta worked a treat yesterday - I spent the evening cutting down three bushes which were starting to look more like trees)...then I had a couple of pints, and still  felt as though I were in my youth (instead of merely approaching my prime).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I've always thought the Spanish had the best idea with an afternoon siesta.  You accomplished a lot on that little rest.  I visualise the bushes huddling together fearfully, waiting to see who will be attacked next.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I had to let them keep growing as blackbirds were nesting in them. However now they've fledged their first brood, they've started nesting in the honeysuckle...where (already) brood number 2 has hatched.

kitten

So now the honeysuckle will grow unmolested.  The birds must be happy.  Two broods in a year?  I didn't know they bred more than once yearly.  Once again you broaden my knowledge.

Gopher

I've heard of three broods per year, and at the rate they're going at present  they'll probably achieve (or even  exceed) this.

kitten

They must be well-fed.  Do they remain year-round, or fly south as winter approaches?

Gopher

They hang around all year - well, at least most of them do. I THINK they're my favourite bird, I particularly like the liquidity of their full-throated song at this time of the year.

kitten

The only black birds I see around here are crows.  They are anything but melodious!

Gopher

Yes, nothing to compare - and yet crows are nice too (hard to think of any  bird or animal that isn't - the human variety all too frequently excepted, of course).  

kitten

Crows are intelligent. Hearing them long before the alarm rings is annoying.  It reminds the cat that since it signals daylight it must be breakfast time.  Goodbye sleep.  The also strew the garbage everywhere while searching for food.  But since they're crows, they are just being themselves.

Gopher

I suppose that if we didn't have money to buy it, we'd search around for food all day long too (or maybe just look appealing like cats). I agree with you one hundred times over, the custom of siesta MUST be obligatory in every country...so far only cats seem to have universally subscribed to the idea.

kitten

Good Morning, Gopher.  

Gopher

Hello Kitten, I hope this morning finds you bright eyed and bushy tailed?

kitten

Bright-eyed.......comparatively speaking.  Bushy-tailed........sorry, but I'm a domestic shorthair.  And how are you this fine day?

Gopher

Been run off my feet so far, one of those days when 'everything' seems to happen. Enjoyable in small doses of course, but too many demands on one's time and attention can be frustrating - especially when it gets in the way of having a ten minute break with a cup of coffee. You're having a workday too, I take it?

|