Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I'm working today, and doing housework between shifts.  Life couldn't be more exciting.   *yawn*
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I suppose the same goes here - it's not particularly exciting. It could be but I'm just feeling too blissfully indolent to inspire anything.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I guess I can't really call it boring, but the endless repetition of the same chores day after day gets to be monotonous.  I realize my job is important to the lady I look after.  Still, a holiday would be a welcome respite.  She does need help, and I'm glad to provide it, but after a year and a half without a break I feel that I could use a little help myself.  This is not a whine, it's just exhaustion speaking.  And maybe a bit of envy of your indolence.

Gopher

Kitten, you are so uncannily like a friend of mine in your sentiments, experiences and sense of humour. I tried to get her interested in Internet/computers, however she remains hostile to them. A great pity, as she's been suffering from cancer for ten years. You'd like her, an almost fanatical lover of animals and (still) 'big' in the animal rights field. I told her about you, and she asked me to convey her love!

Take heart, your day will come!

kitten

Once again you show great kindness.  It is so nice of your friend to send her love.  She must be a lovely woman to have a friend like you.  I'm so sorry for her illness.  It reminded me of how very lucky I am not to be battling such a horrible illness.  Please convey my regards and best wishes to her.

Gopher

I will, I'm sure she'll be tickled pink. Actually the last news I heard of her (yesterday) was that she's only got a few more weeks left - in spite of this she sent me one of the most hilarious letters imaginable a few days ago (written in the persona of Margaret Thatcher). Funny how some people can keep 'it' no matter what. I'm still waiting to find it!  

kitten

Oh Gopher, that's so sad.  She is an amazing woman to keep her humour in spite of her suffering.  I'm truly sorry to hear this.  I gather there's no chance of a remission at this stage.  I'm wishing her remaining time will be pain-free and peaceful.

Gopher

No chance whatsoever - this has been more or less known from the start. The pain has been pretty constant too which makes the continuance of her hilarious sense of humour all the more amazing. Then again, you should have known her when she was well.

It's another bright and shining morning here, we're into the eighties now, and probably set to go higher. Everything well at Maison Kitten?

kitten

To me she shows the ultimate in bravery.  Many others would fall apart if they had terminal cancer.

I think the clouds are going to clear off, but we won't be anywhere near your temperature.  Nice enough, though.  Maison Kitten is just fine, thank you.  I had a 10:30AM appointment for Spooky and he objected vigorously this time.  Usually it is a male vet, but this time a lady vet was in, and he doesn't like lady vets.  So he hissed and lashed out very angrily.  He missed the vet, but got me in a couple of places.  Oh well, all's well that ends well.  Are you working hard today, or is it an easy day at work?

Gopher

Happily this is the second of my two days off and so I'm just luxuriating in idleness - too hot to do much in the garden (apart from sitting in a chair with a crossword and generally feeling like the most blessed man in creation)

Gopher

Me again, can you look at my last comment on the sagae of Lise's plum tree and tell me why the link won't open (after you've successfully googled it, of course).  

kitten

When you are content, you are the most blessed man in creation.  Comfortable chair, crossword...... Vivaldi in the background?  Cup of tea beside you?  Your personal handmaiden to massage your feet while you recline????  

Gopher

No Vivaldi, just the rustling of birds in the undergrowth and the hum of the insect throng. And no tea either - I'm on a coffee day. Alas, no handmaiden either.  

kitten

Those sounds have their own music.  So sorry about the handmaiden.

Gopher

The situation is vacant

|