Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I just started getting into it and so far, after a few pages, it's really really GOOD!  As you can tell, I don't think that I've ever contributed to this thread which means that I [span style="font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline;"]rarely[/span] read.  LOL, my guy recommended me this book.  I'll tell you how it is when I'm done. :)

LOL Lil Me.  You're funny :))

Sportsdude

The Vancouver Achievement: Urban Planning and Design

Its in route to my house.
Should be a great read, for me anyway.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

It's a hilarious narrative and a great story.  Similar to Catcher in the Rye but with a My Big Fat Greek Wedding feel. ( I just found out that it's also an Oprah pick for Summer 2007.)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

If Oprah likes it must be good!
When is she retiring anyway, didn't she announce her retirement a few years back as some date in the future, can't remember now.

My book will arrive on Monday I think.

Sportsdude

sweet! my book came!  

forumla1

your book can cum?  

Sportsdude

in knowledge  

stretchedout

... but I read most of it in the first setting of a half hour or so - good fun!
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Schadenfreude

stretchedout wrote:

... but I read most of it in the first setting of a half hour or so - good fun!

I'm not sure how you would know?

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

stretchedout

C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

Schad speaks his mind......just like you speak your mind.  I thought you liked that?  As an advocate of non-conformity, I would have thought you would have some level of respect for that.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

The Modigliani Scandal - Ken Follett

(addition, some days later: and having come to the end of it I wish I'd not even bothered to read the first page).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Awakenings - Oliver Sacks

Gopher

Southern Cross - Patricia Cornwell

Gopher

The Heart Of The Matter - Graham Greene

|