Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

I can't read   =(

But I like listening to audio books on my bicycle rides around town.

I'm currently listening to Wigfield by Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello and the great Stephen Colbert.

It's a comedy. It will make you giggle, chortle, and maybe even guffaw.  [A href="http://www.highbridgeaudio.com/wigfieldbr.html"]http://www.highbridgeaudio.com/wigfieldbr.html[/A]
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

P.C.

I am currently trying to read the instuctions on where to pound tree fertilizer spikes.  I'm sure it's facinating reading, except that my arms seem to be too short.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

"pound tree fertilizer spikes"   Sexiest four words in the English language    
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

I'm on chapter 2 of my urban planning book.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I'm still on Robert Jordan's book. Been staled ever since. Last night I took up reading again. Hmmmm.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

chapter 3 now.  

Lazy Orik

last week i read the davinchi code and digital fortress. this week i read eragon and am just about finsihed its 2nd book eldest...
tom afternoon i will start another novel just not sure what just yet i have a few to choose from...

Lil Me

love Dan Brown.

I'm reading [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]The Naming of the Dead [/span]by Ian Rankin.  I'll be needing fish and chips soon, as the Scottish detective Rebus lives on takeaway fish and curry.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Isn't Dan Brown, DaVinci Code guy ?

I have never been more disappointed in a book, that was seemingly right up my alley, as The DaVinci Code.  Too much hype maybe ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I'm in agreement with you, PC. Too much hype indeed. Saw the movie and didn't think too much of it either.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

never read the book nor saw the movie.  

Lise

You're not missing out much there on the movie, SD. Totally boring. Predicatable and what's up with Mr. Hanks' hair?!?!?!?!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yeah his hair was goofy.
Right now I'm just focused on my urban planning book which gets me through the day.

Lise

How's the reading going? Not too dry, I hope.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Nope really sad actually, its all about how america and noth america in general has lost its way with sprawl and that we've become so addicted to the car, old cities that are people friendly are illegal to build nowadays.
Instead of Robson Streets and Granville Islands we build big box stores with giant parking lots.

|