The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CK

just sell weed man! (just kidding!), but hey! would give you a lot more time to hit the books..and hit on girls!

Sportsdude

lol my gpa isn't the greatest. And the school I want to go to doesn't give out athletic scholarships.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

well good luck.

I am not sure about south of the border, but up here, its getting harder and harder for people to get into any school. Whether it be university, technical, or college.

Sportsdude

funny thing is its cheaper to go to school in Canada. lol. well if the school falls through I'll just move to Seattle anyway. I need to get out of the midwest, then work on some skill and move to Vancouver I heard they need workers.

kitten

B.C. really needs construction workers.  If you have experience of any kind, there would be no trouble finding a job.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Well I've build houses for Habitat for Humanity? lol.

kitten

See if you can get a reference, and start packing.

Sportsdude

reference? Whats that?

kitten

You get a reference from someone you have worked for that says you are a good worker who knows what he's doing and is reliable.  In other words, they say you're wonderful, so your future boss thinks it is a good idea to hire you.

Sportsdude

oh I see. hell, I always could throw papers, lol and do some job in the afternoon.

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 reference? Whats that?  .......

Resume, curriculum vitae.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Throwing papers won't give you enough to eat, never mind paying the rent.  I think construction pays reasonably well, but you would probably have to postpone further education until you save some money.  As CK said, it's very hard to get into the higher educational system without top marks.  So saving for an education in the States makes more sense  

Sportsdude

oh okay. well throwing papers I make 16k a year. Yeah I'll do something. Must get out of here.

kitten

I don't blame you.

Gopher

Hi Sportsdude,

Ever thought of giving English conversation to foreigners? You could do it in St Louis probably as easilyl as anywhere else. It pays fairly well, and you meet lots of interesting people and get some insight into their cultures.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|