The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

*knocks on door*
 What time does the Lounge open?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awwww, Lil ME !!!!!  Are you having a bad day ?   The lounge is always open for you.  (full service after 6)......but you are most welcome to come on in, help yourself, and put your feet up.  

[img alt=[0624_caesar.jpg] src="http://bp0.blogger.com/_BwlZ2uk0pBU/RqVQAQ705aI/AAAAAAAAAC4/r5KuFTob67U/s1600/0624_caesar.jpg" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I second Lil Me.
Make it End!!!!!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

OK.....skip the 6 o'clock thing.  

What can I get you SD ?

Sportsdude

a pitcher of granville island english bay ale.  

Lil Me

Haaaah.  Thanks, P.C.  I shall be using the lounge at all hours- it's summmertime!!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'm drinking my Hefe-Weißbier from Franziskaner aka the drunk monk beer  

Lil Me

Granville Island makes a Robson Street Hefeweizen.  It tastes like @$$.
 It's the only GI beer that sucks, IMHO.ee

Sportsdude

Sweet! You're a GI drinker too!
Wheat Beer is an acquired taste.

drunk monk:

[img style="width: 381px; height: 452px;" src="http://www.zumbackstein.de/bilder/franziskaner.jpg"]

Lil Me

Thanks for keeping the place open early, P.C.   I was in before noon for a quick one.

It's been a trying day with the extended family.  Grandmother is living in the Seniors' home, but has no phone until next week.  I live the closest, so I'm the designated checker upper and reporter back to the family.  Grandmother slightly senile, agitated, tired from moving and...certain lazy/stupid relatives totally unwilling/unable to lift a finger.  

Anyone wanna trade relatives???!

Sportsdude

I'll trade you senile grandma for Oma who thinks she's dying and will tell you this every day.  Although she completely contradicts this arguement by running around and will boss you around telling you to fix your house and stuff, like she owns place. That's if you're looking for a 4'8 drill sargeant to get some house work done (by the end of the week, you will have your house fixed). lol She will tire you out making you do things, although she doesn't cook that much anymore. So its Slave Labour now without the meals unfortunately.

Plus she doesn't eat anymore so the conversation is usually about how much weight she's losing (enter dying talking).  Just tell her she's not dying, she can't die from what she has directly. Oh and prepare yourself for World War II horror stories, and the boys better eat all their food on their plates at dinner or she'll give them the 'when I was in a Russian Gulag' speech about moldy bread, watching people starve to death and coming back home to people eating horses because their was no food. Always a classic. lol

Although it could only work for a week. I don't know if Oma could stand the cold weather. When it gets below 30C in Florida she starts wearing sweaters, talking about how Europe is so cold etc.

Hmm the other Grandma sits around and knits and watches soaps. Oh and she has to be taken to get her hair done every other thursday afternoon. So she's a dependant.  

Lil Me

Drink, anyone?

Sportsdude

Wouldn't mind a Caesar.

Rocking out to ABBA for some reason. lol

Lil Me

Helloooooo?  Anyone home?

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

Hi Lil Me.....I'm here.  Crazy week.  House guests since Thursday.....including a very spirited (and spooky smart) almost 3 year old.  I'm drained, just from being in the presence of this wee sprite.  I share no responsibilities in the raising of said child.....yet by some form of osmosis.....I am left without a shred of energy.  I have a whole new perspective on those insane women, who decide in their mid forties to have a child.  Are they mental ?   I'm SURE this isn't what nature intended.  I think it was Bette Davis who said....."Old age isn't for sissies"......well neither is motherhood....even being too close to it can cause fatigue.

Drink anyone ?

(don't mind if I do....make it a double)  

|