The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

If I could stand the taste of rum, it sounds like a good way to take care of a cold.  Brandy doesn't seem to have the same medicinal qualities.  On second thought, maybe it would if I warmed it up.  It's a thought, anyway.  Maybe tomorrow.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I was going to make chicken pot-pie tonight, but at the last minute, I changed my mind.  I made some yummy chicken soup and some good old fashioned baking powder biscuits and a salad.  Thought I go the distance with the 'home remedies'.  Chicken soup works every time.......gotta be real though.

Delish.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Oh, yummy!  I love chicken soup, but I didn't feel like cooking anything tonight, so I took some home-made chili from the freezer and had that.

Weirdly enough, Kaycee LOVES chili!  Strange cat.  He goes for the sauce.  Lucky I didn't add too much fire to it the last time.

Lise

Greetings ladies. Hope you don't mind me barging in like this. Just sent off the wee one to bed. Got like 15 mins before she wakes and wants a feed.

How's everyone tonight?

Talking about pets and food - I gave our little guy this chew cane (Christmas sale) and he prompty threw up on my mother-in-laws new carpet. Wonderful.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Awww.  Aren't puppies cute?  Did your mother-in-law kill him?  

By the way, Lise, you aren't barging in.  The Lounge is open to all, so sit back, put your feet up, and ask for a drink from the bar.  *virtual drink, that is!*

Lise

Puppy. I wished. He's an old dog now. Coming to 8 years come 2010. He's never learnt his lesson. The other day, he managed to pooped on our front door. Not his fault entirely, forgot to let him out.

I think cats are so much better at times. At least they go into their litter box. Kaycee does that, right?

Thanks. I like the Ebony Lounge. It's cool. Like a chi on a night.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Definitely Lise.  Our lounge is your lounge.  Put your feets up and let the woes of the day melt away.  

kitten

Poor doggie.  They need so much more attention than cats.

Kaycee uses his litter box in the winter when the ground is hard, and the outdoors the rest of the time.

The Ebony Lounge is a lovely place to relax after a hard day, or even after an easy one.  It's so welcoming.  

P.C.

My fella uses the great outdoors.  But when I'm away, I have a litterbox on the upstairs balcony.....he uses it then.  

I remember my old cat Leonard, liking tomato based things too, Kitten.  Tomato juice, tomato soup, spaghetti, lasagne.........and peas and pea soup.  Quite a contrast to Mr Picky that I have now.  

kitten

Animals are so odd at times.  I hadn't imagined Kaycee eating anything even a little spicy.  He is sick of turkey, and he won't touch deli meats or fish.

Lise

I thought you're not supposed to give cats human food?

My dog's not picky about anything. Food on the ground, food on the couch, food on Lise Jr.'s hands, food in the trashcan (yes, he's managed to get into that several times)........

Sometimes I think cats have all the manners in the world while dogs, bless their little hearts, have the manners of a piggie.  
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Can I fix you a nice virgin Cosmopolitan, Lise?  It's a good 'mom drink'.  

P.C.

Well, they say that a dog will eat until it's sick, while a cat will eat until it's had sufficient.  They are well mannered, aren't they.

Lise

P.C. wrote:
Can I fix you a nice virgin Cosmopolitan, Lise?  It's a good 'mom drink'.

Bring on,  sista!! *burp!*

Bill Cosby.

kitten

I don't use salt in my cooking, so it's safe in small quantities for a cat.  I remember my dogs would have eaten anything and everything if they had half a chance.  I used to have a German Shepherd and a Saint Bernard when I lived in Surrey years ago.  I also had several cats who got along well with the dogs.  

|