Associations

Started by Gopher, Feb 11 09 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

First person types the name of a country, next person writes what he/she associates with it and then adds the name of another country - and so on and so forth. I'll start with:

FRANCE  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Eiffel Tower of course, Gothic architecture, castles and cathedrals, fine dining, red wine, high fashion and my grandma.

Russia  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

Vodka, borscht,  baba, cold

Greece

Lil Me

Oooooooopa!, Bazuki music, flaming cheese, borken plates

England

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

where men are men and boy are afraid...

sorry thats not fair.

hairy men. hairier women. lemon rice soup...
belly dancers. dirty art work of strange if not outright outrageous & sexually explicit acts.

the Greek Gods ie Zeus Neptune/Poseidon Hercules Mars  the godessesses Isis Athena Persephone, goddess of the underworld Greek necropolis entrance to the underworld. and the Parthenon temple to the God's

Damn You Lil me...

England....

Pea Shooters, our Monarch Queen Elizabeth, changing of the guard. ceremony of the flags, jack the ripper, ( rumored to have been one of the royal blood ) Christopher Columbus, the new world, and  British Columbia.  the burning down of the white house...

Iceland

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Bjork, hot springs, Lief Erickson.

Austria

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Tole painting, folksy colourful art.   Austrian Jam cookies (mmm)  Schnitzel.....and last but not least.....THE most stolen sign.

[A href="http://www.vienna-life.com/media/pics/f*cking-austria.jpg"]http://www.vienna-life.com/media/pics/f*cking-austria.jpg[/A]

Germany    

Sportsdude

lol you missed Mozart omg.

Germany, lots of things

united but divided, wall, borders, literature, knowledge,  classical music, beer, Fassbinder (lol), autobahn, auto racing, trains, modernist architecture,  cake and cookies

Wales

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

rugby, coal mines, the name "Jones", really thick accents

Croatia

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Beautiful beaches.  That's all I know.

New Zealand

49er

wool, lamb, All Black rugby team, maoris

India  

Gopher

Crowds, heat, monsoons, poverty, wealth.

IRELAND

P.C.

Rugged seascapes and lush green countryside.  Castles and stone rockery, bricks and cobblestone.  Pubs and laughter.  

*Of all the places in the world to visit....for some reason, Ireland has always been on the top of my list. Even since I was very young.  I don't know why, except that for no reason that I know of, I feel drawn to it.

Japan          

Gopher

Overcrowding, jostling clouds, bullet trains, Fujiyama, politeness, Geishas, kimonos.

SPAIN

P.C.

*nice images Gophie.