Associations

Started by Gopher, Feb 11 09 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

running of the bulls;  tomato festival (fight)

Canada

Orik

snow, igloo's, maple syrup, the union jack, God Save The Queen. Heart Of Oak. RCMP, Maple Leaf, 2 national languages. snowball fights. fresh water fishing. Smoked Salmon, the Vancouver f*ckups, opps i mean the Vancouver canucks.  a drunken idiot ruining our province and country... homelessness, drug problems, gangsters. gangland slayings,. brazen daylight shootouts.. bad police officers. heroic police officers. multiculturalism, lax immigration laws. people who abuse the system.  the system which abuses the people.  diversity racism. love and hate.

canada the good, the bad, the ugly and the inlaws

Philippines

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

humid weather, jungle, corrupt gov't, fusion of tribes and cultures

Australia

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Heat, outback, gum trees, Koala bears, anti-monarchism.

MEXICO  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Vibrant colours, sand and cactus.  Strange critters, palm trees, beautiful beaches and blue skies.  Mariachi bands, and costumes with sequins.  Slow paced except for the taxi drivers.

Scotland
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Heather, mountains, mist, midges, kilts, cabers, bagpipes, inpenetrable accents.

Turkey

P.C.

Mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce.  OK wait.

Funny dress.  Landscape similar to our own.....and .....I ....don't know that much about Turkey.

Switzerland  

Gopher

Alps, yodelling, cleanliness, expensiveness, cuckoo clocks, watches

U.S.A.

P.C.

Patriotic.  A diverse range of landscapes.  Bold people. Busy cities...wide open country.  Familiar.

Brazil

Gopher

Nuts, samba, carnival, football.

BELGIUM  

Sportsdude

waffles, fries, separation, going long periods of time without governments, stairs, goofy cousin's boyfriend, Brussels, EU, wanna be dutch, wannabe french, won't exist soon, flanders (for canadians), crazy cycling country, one of the greatest formula race courses in Spa, Sinterklass

Brazil

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

we already did Brazil.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

but not every one see's the same things or associates the same things to a place..to me

Brazil is the beaches. the carnival the carnival dancers. the vibrant colours and designs
the months that go into making a costume the large ahem backsides on beautiful women...

and i wish i was in Brazil right now. Brazil and the carnival is on my bucket list next to France and the Eiffel tower Italy the vineyards.. Venice and the canal...Rome the pontif & the vatican, Madrid beaches, Portugal and the castles,. africa and a photo safari,  New Orleans and mardi gras, philippines the beaches of cebu the sailing off cavite. and a church in pampanga that has a statue that crys. sighs so many beautiful place i will probably never get to...

[a href="http://www.rio-carnival.net/"]http://www.rio-carnival.net/[/a]

[img style="width: 393px; height: 314px;" src="http://www.destination360.com/south-america/brazil/images/st/brazil-carnaval.jpg[/img]

[img style="width: 387px; height: 291px;" src="http://www.threebestbeaches.com/southamerica/brazil/buzios/uploaded_images/Buzios07-789139.jpg[/img]

Ecuador

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel

Gopher

Ecuador? Equator, Quito, Galapagos Islands, bananas, strange hats for the women

ANGOLA    

|