Just Announced- Large Retractable Umbrella for Downtown Vancouver

Started by Lil Me, Jun 05 08 03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

BC Government just announced joint project with City of Vancouver.  It's a fully retractable rain umbrella to cover downtown core.

Will also function as snow shield (eliminating cost of snow removal from streets) and sun/heat shield (reducing energy loads on air conditioning systems).

Kewl!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Lil Me

Exactly like this.  But REALLY big.
 It will stretch from Cordova to Pacific Blvd and from Thurlow St to the Georgia Viaduct.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I'm trying to imagine how that's going to look like above us.  What about the sun?  Can we still see the sky?

Lil Me

Chief Medical Health Officer Dr Patricia Daly is optimistic that this umbrella will reduce the incidence of melanoma.  

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Do you know when they'll be putting this up?

We won't see birds, planes....

I'm going to look out for this.

49er

Is it going to be the 8th Wonder of the World?  

P.C.

They can't even afford a new retractable roof for B.C. place.....

P.C.