exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

van_guy

Well last chapter here for the old year.

One of my last suppers in Vietbam was "mole".

Imagine a rib cage in every bite.
 It wasn't bad - but as you can imagine an entire skeleton in every bite.

Dark meet - a bit gamey.

Stay tuned for more next year - I'll be back in Nam but a different area so no doubt - different delicacies.

VG

funny thing is I'll be exploring for

[span class="smalltext"]shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview[/span]
       [table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"]     [tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
 [/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]om[/td][td]
 [/td][/tr][tr][td]chr[/td][td]e[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="ecc2307020b778607cb3ef3c21b9ed5e" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody] [/table]   [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Orik

nothing all that exotic. but sure makes me wish to travel and try some of the dishes u all have eaten. food is food the world over. and i will try pretty much anything at least once.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img] Hi Van Guy !

Really Orik ?  I personally have no desire to travel to 'exotic' places that consider moles, rats, cats, dogs or anything that isn't taller than my ankles, cuisine.  I guess I don't have the adventurers spirit in that department.

*although I have to admit....the Bee Vodka sounded tempting.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"][img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img] Hi Van Guy !
 [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Really Orik ?  I personally have no desire to travel to 'exotic' places that consider moles, rats, cats, dogs or anything that isn't taller than my ankles, cuisine.  I guess I don't have the adventurers spirit in that department.

Hi PC!!

I've eaten many LITTLE critters tat have been quite tasty.  Moles not one of them.  Clams - escargot - some fish are ankle height - one should never judge an entree by its vertical stature.

I don't want everybody to rush out and snap up large volumes of bee voldka - it was merely less horible than the voldka stewing in bird ... or snake guts or .... ????

P.C.

I've eaten many LITTLE critters tat have been quite tasty.  Moles not one of them.  Clams - escargot - some fish are ankle height - one should never judge an entree by its vertical stature.

I don't want everybody to rush out and snap up large volumes of bee voldka - it was merely less horible than the voldka stewing in bird ... or snake guts or .... ????

I feel shame.   Of course I shouldn't be generalizing about the vertically challenged........I stand corrected....in a....tall sort of way.

You have to understand, that because I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging, I am visualizing the Bee Vodka in an exquisite bee hive shaped bottle, with an adorable bumble bee cap.  (please don't spoil my vision with the reality that it may well have come out of an old boot)  

HAHAHAHAAAAA.......

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]    [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ze[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]buz[/TD] [TD]s[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT style="VISIBILITY: inherit" size=10 value=buzzes name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Post name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == " tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview submitThisOnce(this);? preview?')) with continue attachments, any reattach to have will confirm('You || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value undefined? &&][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif[/img]

van_guy

I feel shame.   Of course I shouldn't be generalizing about the vertically challenged........I stand corrected....in a....tall sort of way.

As you should you ... you ... you .... height-ist.
  [div]
You have to understand, that because I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging, I am visualizing the Bee Vodka in an exquisite bee hive shaped bottle, with an adorable bumble bee cap.  (please don't spoil my vision with the reality that it may well have come out of an old boot)  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]

Yes - it comes it a lovely bottle with cute little bees on the cap and there is a castle yeah a castle with a lovely - never ending gala ball and the prince is soooo handsome ...

[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]
HAHAHAHAAAAA.......

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"] [tbody] [tr] [td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr] [tr] [td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"] [tbody] [tr] [td]
 [/td] [td class="at_r1" rowspan="2"]ze[/td] [td]
 [/td][/tr] [tr] [td]buz[/td] [td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td] [td][input style="visibility: inherit;" size="10" value="buzzes" name="sauce"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][input accesskey="s" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabindex="3" value="Post" name="post" type="submit"] [input accesskey="p" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == " tabindex="4" value="Preview" name="preview" submitthisonce(this="" preview?&#039="" with="" continue="" attachments="" any="" reattach="" to="" have="" will="" confirm('you="" |="" !document.postmodify.attachmentpreview.value="" undefined="" &&amp="" type="submit"][img id="fetchSessionTemp" alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

Sometimes the spam - bot i the funniest part ... what are the chances ....
  [/div]

P.C.

Yes - it comes it a lovely bottle with cute little bees on the cap and there is a castle yeah a castle with a lovely - never ending gala ball and the prince is soooo handsome ...

Oh you've seen it !  Yea, yea....that's the one.  And then I....I mean the princess meets the handsome prince, and they stroll hand in hand, sipping on a Bee, as they watch the sun set.  And then the next day....they make plans to redecorate the castle.....and make party favours for the next ball...while sipping on another Bee.  *sigh*....I love Bee Vodka.

Orik

lol i think u two have had quiet enough of that bee voldka or vodka depending on which is the actual spelling you both seem to be laughing in a very drunken way...

now as for food i am willing to try every thing at least once... humans are said to be a very, sweet meat, similar to pork in taste, flavor, sweetness and smell. when they are being roasted... human flesh that is. it is said to be nearly indistinguishable from roasting pork...

given the choice for the human meat consumption and a horse meat burger i would skip the cannibalism for the obvious choice of a horse burger...... now if i can have a horse meat burger i would order 2 please... 1 medium / well done and if i liked it then i would go medium rare the way i like my burgers and if its a steak then it needs to be rare...

well id like to try some of those deep fried tarantuals iv'e seen and what about those honey filled ants. or chocolate covered grasshoppers  birds nest soup... made out of shit and saliva of a bird.. a whale blubber burger  

deep fried iguana... rat stew and deep fried rat... braised gopher aka ground hog... rattle snake stew served with hot chillies... alligator stew. ive had rabbit stew and braised rabbit ... cat meatballs on spaghetti in a Parmesan pasta sauce... barbecued dog burgers from Vietnam...

yup food interests me. foogu fromjapan . lamprey eel pie... dead mans crab... supposedly worlds largest crabs don't know its name just remember it is often found feasting on human remains...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

van_guy

Orik wrote:
lol i think u two have had quiet enough of that bee voldka or vodka depending on which is the actual spelling you both seem to be laughing in a very drunken way...

Indeed,

now as for food i am willing to try every thing at least once... humans are said to be a very, sweet meat, similar to pork in taste, flavor, sweetness and smell. when they are being roasted... human flesh that is. it is said to be nearly indistinguishable from roasting pork...

interesting - I've not heard that - but it could be true.

given the choice for the human meat consumption and a horse meat burger i would skip the cannibalism for the obvious choice of a horse burger...... now if i can have a horse meat burger i would order 2 please... 1 medium / well done and if i liked it then i would go medium rare the way i like my burgers and if its a steak then it needs to be rare...

I don;t think horse would make very good burgers - very lean meat - you need a bit of fat to make a burger tasty (in my humble opinion anyway)

well id like to try some of those deep fried tarantuals iv'e seen and what about those honey filled ants. or chocolate covered grasshoppers  birds nest soup... made out of shit and saliva of a bird.. a whale blubber burger  

how do the pump the ant full of honey?

deep fried iguana... rat stew and deep fried rat... braised gopher aka ground hog... rattle snake stew served with hot chillies... alligator stew. ive had rabbit stew and braised rabbit ... cat meatballs on spaghetti in a Parmesan pasta sauce... barbecued dog burgers from Vietnam...

Dog is OK - but definately pass on the dog guts (take my word on this)

yup food interests me. foogu fromjapan . lamprey eel pie... dead mans crab... supposedly worlds largest crabs don't know its name just remember it is often found feasting on human remains...

I'm definately out of the loop on the consumption of humans either by humans or other critters ...

So a question for everyone ...

In a survival situation - life or death ...

would you eat a fellow human if the human was (a) already dead (b) almost dead (c) healthy but sleeping soundly - you with a rock in your hand and a growl in your stomach.

P.C.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Can't see it happening.

so you would not a human under any circumstances?  

If they were dead and i was starving -  for sure I'd eat someone.
other circumstances - not sure ...

I'm dancing with the devil with this one .... but what the heck ....

how about a nice juicy kitty?

you are starving to death after a plane crash and the poor succulent (er.. i mean unfortunate...) kitty didn't make it - the owner of the cat did not make it .... you are starving - not much hope of rescue in the next few days ... would you eat the putty tat?

I don't think you need to ask if i would or not.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c022.gif" border=0]                                                                                            .

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c022.gif[/img]                                                                                            .
Really?

It is so funny what we as north americans will accept as food.

So where do you draw the line?  A dog?  A deer?  A cow?  is it the cute-isity factor or what makes an animal not-food grade?

The only thing - so far - that i can't get my brain around is baby birds in the shell.
So a chicken / duck baby.
I'll eat a hundred eggs - I'll eat chicken by the boat load but put a baby chicken in the shell in front of me ---- yikes.  I think eating the beak and brains does me in - not sure exacly - but its a good mental exercise.

P.C.

So where do you draw the line?  A dog?  A deer?  A cow?  is it the cute-isity factor or what makes an animal not-food grade?

I'm not certain van guy....but one of the lines for me may be domesticity ?  (is that a word ?)  The fact of the matter is that I'm pretty certain if I ever had to be in the vicinity of any form of slaughtering, I would probably be a vegetarian, which means I try to steer clear of reality.  (I'm aware of the shallowness of my thinking....but damn I enjoy a good steak now and then)  

lol......

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]fe[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]bar[/TD] [TD]d[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=barfed name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Post name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif[/img]

van_guy

[em][/em]I'm not certain van guy....but one of the lines for me may be domesticity ?  (is that a word ?)  The fact of the matter is that I'm pretty certain if I ever had to be in the vicinity of any form of slaughtering, I would probably be a vegetarian, which means I try to steer clear of reality.  (I'm aware of the shallowness of my thinking....but damn I enjoy a good steak now and then)  [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Other/18.gif[/img]  [/div][div]
 "Steer" clear - good steak - ha ha ha

well I'm glad you understand that you are being shallow - most humans don't.

I'm ok with being an animal murderer most of the time.

Once in a while I'll have a pang of guilt but not very often,

|