Happy Valentines Day

Started by Lil Me, Feb 05 08 07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Anyone have plans this year?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

No, relying on serendipity.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

puppy

Don't buy into Valentines! It is the biggest scam to get consumers to spend money yet again, on cards, chocolate, and crap!

Don't be a sheep!

Ignore Valentines!!

purelife

What a sexy pic, LM. :)  Do you usually do anything?

If our place isn't too messy and cluttered, I'll prepare a nice romantic dinner.

Lil Me

You can have a nice romantic dinner amidst your moving boxes.  It will be a Valentines Day to remember as you make a toast to "new beginnings".

Nah, we don't usually do much-- something simple at home with Heckyl & Jeckyl.  Mr LM will be away on Secret Ops this V-Day.  Kids and I might get some take-out and chill.

We've never been into major holidays to begin with, and we do less every year as we get older and lazier.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

We've never been into major holidays to begin with, and we do less every year as we get older and lazier.

I'm with you on that one too.  VDay is a minor, minor celebration for me.

Sportsdude

i think vd is for singles because if you only show affection towards the significant other x4 a year (vd, his/her bd, anniversary, christmas) you're not the most loving person around. Plus you shouldn't have to prove it, either.  

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
i think vd is for singles because if you only show affection towards the significant other x4 a year (vd, his/her bd, anniversary, christmas) you're not the most loving person around. [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Plus you shouldn't have to prove it, either. [/span]  
 ---
 It's nice to do something for your partner!!!!
 They might be disappointed if you don't!!!!!

Doesn't need to be something expensive, but a little celebration is nice.
 A bottle of wine, some heart-shaped cookies, a poem, a song, whatever...

ADD: I think purelife and I both meant that we don't go all-out for lavish celebrations every Valentines Day.  But we do celebrate.

Perhaps, in 10yrs, when I don't need to worry about finding a babysitter, I can go out to the Colonnade Room with the pool boy every Valentines Day- just like the cast of the Young and Restless.

Sportsdude

shouldn't you be doing nice things all the time? that's what i was getting at.  

Lil Me

Yes, you should.

But...you'd better make sure you get your red construction paper and markers and make your gf a nice card, Mr SD.

P.C.

I like Valentines day.  Mind you I like any day that 'encourages' you go the extra mile.  Romantic dinners, nice wine, candles.  It's definitely not just for singles.  Mr Sawdust and I always do something nice. (we even do nice things for each other on non-special days too).  

SD, it's not about proving anything at all...it's just about celebrating together.  (if that's what you're in to)  We are. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a035.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

i see, that's what i was trying to say except i don't see people using it in that way. oh well  

purelife

I like the excuse to celebrate "togetherness."  I could not not do anything on Vday.   There must be something in the air. :)))

Lise

OMG. He's so hot, Lil Me. Hmmm.....

I'm taking hubby out on a date. Sushi. I don't care what they say about Valentine's card, I'm getting him one complete with chocolates.

I'm also giving out candies to the students on V-Day. They need all the boost and moral support I can give them especially with those cranky instructors belting them to a pulp.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.