Eat Your Peas

Started by P.C., Jul 20 07 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

I used to dread being given porridge as a child.  I can tolerate it now perhaps once or twice a year, but I'm still not fond of the stuff.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

I really like fu gua, to the point that my chinese teacher (when I was younger) asked me what my favorite food was and I told her that I liked fu gua stir fried in sesame oil.  LOL

I like anything and would eat anything.  

Gopher

I hated baked beans as a child, and I still hate them. On the hand I also used to hate red beans but now I like them.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Schadenfreude

Sportsdude wrote:
haha moldy cheese! My grandma would say its still good chop the mold off and then eat the non mold stuff. lol

Do you find this odd? Why would you discard perfectly good cheese because of a little surface mold?

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Russ

I with Schade on this. Cheese is almost mold anyhow.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Devil

I used to hate tomatoes! Now I can't get enough.

I used to love Mac n' Cheese as a kid, now it makes me gag!

49er

purelife wrote:

.........I like anything and would eat anything.  

[img]http://i12.tinypic.com/61wjtjq.jpg//"]    ?????????  

purelife

Well 49er,

- easy to prepare

- easy to digest

- lots of flavor

Sure, I'll try.

Lil Me

Gak.  Too high in sodium.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Just dilute it, Lil Me or ADD poutine.

Lil Me

If it's unflavourful, I'll calmly spit it into a kleenex.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Add sugar or whipping cream?

JJ

As a child I hated brown bread, turnips, parsnips, sour cream, & brussel sprouts.  Now I'll eat brown bread, sour cream & brussels sprouts but not the turnips & parsnips.

P.C.

omg....you're a brussels sprout convert ????    How did this HAPPEN....how can this BE !!!![img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I'm still..... palate-allergic (ok, I hate the taste) of some type of tofu. There's this dish, it's called (literally!) 'stinky tofu' and OMG, did it deserve its name. Yucko. My dad gave me some when I was little. He said it tastes really good and nevermind the smell. And I totally believed him. UGH.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|