The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I'm on 2-3hr of sleep.

Thanks JJ! I don't know when I'll be called, other people I know already have been.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

SD...I don't think scrutineers are volunteers.  It is a paid position.

Anywho...got half the flooring down in the 'greenhouse' today.  Yeayyyy.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Sweeet! :DDD

No, it was volunteer, at least for the party I was working with provincially- parties send their own people to the vote count to look over.
BC Liberals probably do things differently, they paid people to go door to door, used an 'election firm'. It seemed odd, as if the party didn't exist on a personable level, but rather it was just some ambiguous machine...  The Greens work the same way, you never see them.

P.C.

I was office manager for the Distric Returning Office in several elections, did all the hiring etc....and unless things have changed, I'm pretty sure you have to be a Canadian citizen.  

Sportsdude

Nooo oooo oooo oo oo oo oo o :)

I wasn't allowed in the building, PC. I couldn't do it because I wasn't Canadian. But this wasn't through Elections BC it was tasks given out by E-day volunteers who were working for x-party in x-riding.

Sportsdude

I'm quite possibly bored. Everyone flew the coop to points called home for the 3-day.

what to do...

Orik

come to church services and a thanksgiving lunch this sunday at the VEV ?

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Hi all.  Sorry to have been neglectful here....have been givin'er on the 'greenhouse' before the bad weather comes.  Everything I own hurts so far.  All the windows are in....  Sawdust is doing all the overhead stuff today...soffit and fascia boards and I should be able to finish the roof by noon which will bring it to lock up stage.  This was a much bigger job than I was anticipating. (as usual )  

Happy Turkey Day.    

Sportsdude

Pics! Pics!

I went to the Seattle outlets with my friend and the border crossing was amusing. "How do you know this person" (she was born in Pakistan came over here at 5)

I've given up on shopping for clothes for me, it's becoming impossible.

Happy T-Day indeed. I've got a dinner in east van.

Russ

Dammit, I had a two paragraph reply typed here and then i musta hit something and it deleted it all. bugger

Anyhoo, having a blast here in Ortona, Italy. Lots of work during the day to keep busy, busy. But the nights are another story, lol.
The restaurants and food here is amazing. Lots of little cafes and mom and pop restaurants. the ice cream is great.
the translations are sometimes interesting as when I was trying to order lamb I ended up with some sort of beef surrounded by oatmeal covered in gravy.

The job didnt turn out to be long term/permanent as the other fellow did indeed come back and there isnt another position currently open. But cause I did a good job on here and I seem to be well liked, a recommendation has gone to the office with a hire at next opportunity. So at least theres that.

Well, time for a shower then get ready for the day..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Oh I hate the disappearing posts too Russ.

Too bad that the job didn't turn out to be permanent...it sure sounds better than many of the locations you've been dispatched to.  Nice that a good word has been put in for you....who couldn't love you to pieces.  Hope something good comes of that.

49er

sounds like you already have a foot in the door, Russ

purelife

Hi everyone - Gophie, 49er, Russ, SD

Sorry to be MIA for a while.  I've been out and about going for more walks and keeping up with all these appointments I have.  I might as well live at the hospital for the next week or two.  It's too bad that I can't lump all 3 appointments on separate days into 1 to save bus transfer tickets.  It can get so pricey when you're on EI.  :(  Other than that, I've been feeling good.  No aches and pains right now.

P.C. - I would LOVE to see pics of your finished green house.  
Russ - Glad to hear that you're enjoying your job and stay in Italy.  I bet their gelato is something amazing!!!  And their pizza....mmmmmm.....

Lil Me

purelife!  Hi hon.  I know the waiting game can be frustrating!

How are you feeling?

Are you on mat leave in preparation for the birth?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|