The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Everything is back in order. I had the magnification in my glasses reduced to a level I could deal with and my cellphone has miraculously started to work again for no reason that I can think of.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Excellent news!

I may go back to bed soon.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Good idea - I sometimes wonder why we ever bother leaving it.

Sportsdude

I've fulfilled my ironic dispositions quota of the week.

purelife

I has a long nap this afternoon.  I don't usually nap.  

Lil Me

Nice!  I used to power nap quite a bit. Now it's only once a week.

My toenails are too long.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Haha my signature may have inadvertently led to a political career of sorts.

Gopher

Lil Me

I was cold today too.  Spent the day outside in the coldest, shadiest, windiest part of Langley.

This is so random, and someone is going to flame me for saying it...but it's just a recent observation:

At my workplace, there is a Spanish-speaking person who is responsible for the cleaning.  Her choice of cleaning product?  

Spic and Span.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Oh fun... A federal bye-election in New Westminster-Coquitlam riding (Dawn Blacks old seat) was called.  Well, at least the food is good at the Quay, (but that was 2yrs ago) and I'll get some exercise going up those hills. Hopefully this election will be concussion free.

but during midterms, lovely.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
Oh fun... A federal bye-election in New Westminster-Coquitlam riding (Dawn Blacks old seat) was called.  Well, at least the food is good at the Quay, (but that was 2yrs ago) and I'll get some exercise going up those hills. Hopefully this election will be concussion free.

but during midterms, lovely.

You are doing volunteering for the local elections? Why? You are still american are you not?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

49er

Russ wrote:
You are doing volunteering for the local elections? Why? You are still american are you not?

The American is there to monitor the poll place to ensure there is no ballot box stuffing

Sportsdude

Haha 49er. I'm actually not allowed to be a scrutineer. That was 'part of my job' from the provincial election that I wasn't able to fulfil.

To answer Russ, it's my inherent civic duty, or in this case internationalism showing through. My obligation to the world.

Russ

49er wrote:
 The American is there to monitor the poll place to ensure there is no ballot box stuffing[/DIV]
 LOL

Not knocking you SD. Just was curious at your motives, lol.

Well, its time to go see what delectable delights the cooks have cooked up this morning..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

JJ

Thank you Sportsdude that riding needs the [FONT face=Calibri]scutineers, it seems to be a swing riding.[/FONT]

|