The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

It's just too uniform. All giant American cities are like that and it's annoying. Also, I'm not a fan of the landscape. It's just 'the city,' but this is cool in retrospect, I guess.

My friends say I should live in Montreal.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

DDD

Gopher wrote:
 I've always looked on New York as being only half a step from my idea of hell.[/DIV]
 Would NEVER move there
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Sportsdude

Gopher

What's to like about the whole place?

Right, who's going to throw it in the trash can?    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

Done whos gonna take out the trash though... Time to get some sleep good night all.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Night Orik.

I don't know Gopher, but I think we'll be stuck with New York as 'the city' for more or less eternity due to the cultural hegemony the city inhibits.

New York has qualities of a small cities in terms of greenery and low density that most giant metropolises of its size or greater do not. And New York doesn't have the traffic issues that other cities of its size or greater.

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_by_population"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_by_population[/a]

Although, due to internal politics in the U.S., the mobility issues are going to ruin New York. Big cities need mass transportation links, high speed rail links or they die essentially. So when the governor of New Jersey cancels the tunnel project for NJ-NY, it sets the region back a generation.

Russ

I liked New York.

to visit.

I live in vancouver and hate going downtown. I go to burnaby and richmond for shopping.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

A friend of mine only lives in downtown and never leaves it. I mock him for this, but then he counters with 'oh come on, i know you, this is where you want to live too, but can't afford it.' Of course he's right, I guess, but at the same time I find downtown to be incomplete and boring. Most of Robson, for example, should be a car free zone. The False Creek developments are a mistake, and Yaletown is comprised of a Rubbermaid aesthetic with pretentiousness.

I still believe the best places in Vancouver look 'at the postcard' rather than actually living 'in the postcard.'
The city is too expensive, which is a problem.

Gopher

This post celebrates the fact that I am now only 499 behind Lise's total.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I agree with Russ about going to downtown...with a car, that is.  I don't mind going there using skytrain since I work in d/t.  But, I don't come here on the w/ends.  

I HATE driving in Richmond...with a passion...to any stores along No.3 road.      

DDD

I stay as much to Bby and NW ... downtown sucks.......sky train OK but driving no way....ditchmond......only if I have to....and as for the freeway when its finished

purelife

I'm with you about staying in Bby and NW.  I also like Coquitlam and N Delta.

I only venture out to Metrotown if I absolutely HAVE to.  

DDD

I work close to that shit hole of a mall................that is a place of it is only there I may go or just not buy that item

As my cabin is on a lake out in Pitt Meadows I am out that way all the time

I still like POCO and would have stayed out that way but the drive into Bby i could not do every day

Sportsdude

I only go to Metrotown to watch movies, or to go shopping with a friend of mine, whenever she had time to hang out. I can't really shop at malls, as nothing fits, so there's no real reason to go there -- unless I want to try and walk around the place without getting lost.

I've segregated movie theatres in a bizarre way: Burrard: dates; Metrotown: friends, by myself. lol

I still cannot figure out Richmond. The place reminds me of Florida.

I noticed and realized that last year, after my friend who lived downtown moved out of the province, I lost any and all reasons to go downtown.

The same thing happened with me and the drive/main. When my group of friends moved out and away - or in some cases closer to where I lived, the area virtually fell off my radar screen.

When I'm in the states, my friends and family find it odd/weird/strange that I watch curling on a regular basis.

Sportsdude

Tomorrow is going to suck.
Must find whatever Rip Van Wrinkle drank.

|