The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I must get busy.  I have some drywalling to do.  I'm finally going to do something about the blasted storage areas that run the length of the house on each side of the second floor.  I have decided to ignore some elusive advice I heard 20 years ago, to not finish this area because it would cause harmful effects to do so.  I've yet to find anybody who can prove or disprove this information.  (something to do with air circulation and condensation issues in an A-frame house.)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Good luck P.C.  The mere thought of carrying drywall sheets up the stairs makes me tired :)

I just heard about the black settlement on Saltspring for the first time last night!  Ganges, B.C. was one of the endpoints of the Underground Railway- though most people who went to Canada went the opposite way through Nova Scotia...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

The stairs will be the least of the problem.  The approach into this space is a tiny hall type of area....maybe 4 feet long....it's the space where the chimney comes up through the center of the house....so it isn't very wide.  Then to make matters worse, the doorway into the space comes in on the sloping side of the roof.  So more than a foot into the space and you have to go into semi-crouch mode.

*holy crap.....I just read that, and if anyone got an accurate vision of this space from that description would have to be a genius.  It makes no sense at all.  LOL

Sportsdude

for the xmen movie they denonated a bomb next to the building. warmth! LOL

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

The scene is Africa and Buchanan Tower is the prison (to all who went to UBC will laugh) and apparently there's tanks involved as there's tanks around and giant explosions riot etc.

but they detonated the bomb right next to the building so the fire bomb was a whisker from the building basically, I think it gets blown up CGI wise in the film, which would be hilarious.

P.C.

You should ask them if they need any walk-ons !!!    

Sportsdude

That's not til later and I don't think I have time, in the University of Gitmo they just want us to study and if you're caught doing something anything other than that they come after you. lol Although they bribe you with 5 bucks and food apparently. lol

Sportsdude

I don't understand engagement photos. I've had 2 family members post them on facebook and a family friend. I don't get it. How is two people riding an ATV an engagement photo? At least my cousin decided to do something artistic with the use of train tracks, but I don't understand the work clothes and hoodies and they're not using a high end camera.

can someone explain this? lol

Michel

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
I don't understand engagement photos. I've had 2 family members post them on facebook and a family friend. I don't get it. How is two people riding an ATV an engagement photo? At least my cousin decided to do something artistic with the use of train tracks, but I don't understand the work clothes and hoodies and they're not using a high end camera.

can someone explain this? lol
 --
 I believe the purpose of an engagement photo is to chronicle the life and times of the couple.
 So, if they enjoy ATVing- sounds like a great photo.  Something they will remember years from now when they look back on the "before the wedding" years.

As for the lack of formal clothes and expensive camera....
 Some people aint fancy folks.  Myself included.
 I never took an engagement photo, but if I did- it would've been something outdoors in work clothes....because that's who we are.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

We rented out the local Go-Kart place for our engagement.  It was a ton of fun...and I dressed in my finest go-kart-wear.

Sportsdude

ah I see. I get it now, well they're farmer/rural people so I wouldn't expect them to do something that wasn't predictable. lol
The pictures are growing on me, starting to like them, which is good, because then I'll have nice things to say the next time I see them when they're married at Christmas or whenever. lol

I'm missing the wedding and everything and its the first big life event I'm missing by being away.

|