The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I can't do my super speed walk in the snow, so I like pavement.
All the grass in that meadow between the SUB and the main Library is dead now.

bah. Its another warm day at Grouse and we get fog.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I figured out how to reconcile data between two excel spreadsheets!  YAY!!!  My formulas are working and I finally figured the darn thing out.

This saves me so much time because I would have had to freaken search over 3000 records to compare with the other spreadsheet with over 3000 records.  

Orik

nicely done purelife... but did u just creat more work by figuring out how to compare things ... maybe u will have more files dumped on you once u finish the lot you have now... :D

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Awesome purelife!

Ok, here's a question:
 *puts on strata council hat*
 Why would a single guy complain about some neighbours who have audible sex?
 This guy has been writing complaint letters about that (and a bunch of other stuff) for a while now.  Sure, he whines and complains about everything under the sun...but about a couple having sex?  He lives alone.  Why doesn't he shut up and enjoy it?!  (unfortunately I don't think I can tell him that)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I have no hat....but my guess is....he's not gettin any.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Oh wait....you probably can't say that to him either.  

Sportsdude

Its driving him mad because its something he can't get probably.

oh dear, I'm getting too popular around school (apparently everyone knows me, yet I've never met these people). There's a movement to draft me into the political sphere. must...transfer....lol *jumps into the ocean*  

Sportsdude

I got disoriented from the fog this evening on broadway, didn't have a clue which direction I was facing, took the wrong bus and since I couldn't see very far, it was weird.  

Sportsdude

st louis tackling kids not going to school. This guy comes and knocks on your door and beat yo ass.

22% drop out
1st in STD's
1st in crime

ahh home

P.C.

Turned out to be 'suggy' here today.  That's a mix of sun and fog.  Either way, it actually went below zero here.  Fire's been cranked all day.  

P.C.

Yipes...I guess that's one way to do it.....lol

Orik

slept through the Sunshine today not feeling to to hotoday rather listless, osi have stayed home in bed for most of it.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

lol according to the article he calls up kids who aren't in class, drives to their place and picks them up. 47% of the school used to show up when he wasn't there and this program started, now 91% of the students show up.

They used to offer free big screen tv's to show up for school, didn't help.

P.C.

There are some special teachers out there that can make a huge difference.  I'm trying to find the article about this high school principal who took his school out of the bottom of the heap in the country and raised it to #1.....can't find it.  But I think there are teachers out there who just show up for work and try to survive....and they've lost the incentive to make the effort.  I feel so sorry for these kids, perpetuating the legacy of complacency.    

Sportsdude

St. Louis or any inner city school district doesn't have a teacher deficiency, the problem that plagues these places are teachers, its society itself and sheer poverty.

school is decredited which means you can't go to university.
-most kids are single parent kids, no father figure, the father figure is the drug dealer or gang leader you meet in 2nd grade
-most kids start giving up around grade 2
-middle school their into gangs
-end of middle school you're doing heavy crimes already (average age of people who steal cars in stl are 12)
-girls are pregnant by middle school

You can say its teachers, its not. And these figures don't comply just to 'inner city schools'

look around at universities, males aren't showing up. Its a culture of wanting to be stupid. Stupid is cool, being smart is uncool.

|