The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

You can say its teachers, its not. And these figures don't comply just to 'inner city schools'

I don't think I was saying it was the teachers.  On the contrary, I was saying that I felt equally as badly for the teachers as I was for the children.  They have a classroom full of kids who feel hopeless.  However....there are a handful of extraordinary teachers, that have found ways to get passed that....and it would be nice to have more of them.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Jeeez....MORE sirens.  Not super common around here, but they have been almost non-stop this morning.  The black ice maybe ?

P.C.

LOL on the new avatar !!

So it polished out the scratch ????

P.C.

What's the name of this wonder cloth ?  (lol)

Michel

P.C.

Holy crap !  That's an expensive cloth.  I'll stick to retired towels.  

P.C.

LOL...I can't help but laugh every time I look at your avatar.  That kitty has issues.

JJ

I had an old male tom cat that no matter how old he was ,if he found some white flannel he would knead it and suck on it.  The only thing I could figure was he had been taken from his white mother cat too early.  

Gopher

What is the correct word for the action that it's doing?  Is it 'knead',  or is it something else? I've heard several different words used.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Knead is the correct term Gophie.

That's what I've heard too JJ....that they have been taken away from mom too quickly.  And from all the kittens that I've had, it has proven true.  

Gopher

One of the words I'd heard was 'possing'.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hmmm.  I've never heard that one before...but I'm sure there must be more than one term for it.  That's the thing with the English language....there seems to be a half a dozen words to describe the same thing.

|