The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

8-10cm as of 4am on campus.
I checked as I walked home in the snow.
Apparently transportation is at a stand still. A bus got stuck at midnight on Alma and 10th, a bunch of UBC students pushed it as it had jack knifed. A buddy from the office had to get a taxi, transit wasn't running at that time, so Translink must of told the drivers its too dangerous to drive around.

Hopefully nobody has to go anywhere in the morning. It's going to be crazy, its still snowing hard by Vancouver standards at 5am.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

It has snowed steady here since 2 oclock yesterday.  Could we be getting ready for another 96 ?  I had to dig my way to the computer.....lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

96 we had 3 1/2 feet of snow in a really short span of time....that hung around for weeks.  No power for 8 days.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We were well stocked with food etc, because it was right after Christmas.

P.C.

No power for 8 days ? Obviously it was not as cold as back East as you wouldn't be around here anymore to talk about it.

Ah crap. Not only we still go, but I'm also invited to eat moose and wapiti. There's no way I'm gonna avoid [FONT size=7]THE WHITE HELL !!![/FONT]

[FONT size=7][/FONT]

Translation of waapiti is White Rump.  Is THAT the White Hell...or are you talking snow.

No power wasn't a big issue for us no matter how cold it was, as we heated by wood heat alone anyway.  We cooked on the Bar-B and the woodstove.  (we always make sure we have a Bar-B with a side burner for such purposes)

*snow still coming.  Last check over an hour ago, over a foot.

Sportsdude

Yeah 1996 day after Christmas, snowed 65cm's in a day in Victoria, biggest 24hr snow fall in Canadian history west of the Maritimes. The weather network talked about it a lot this week.

Orik

and now for a word from some indecent sponsors[img style="width: 43px; height: 36px;" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/outfitted/strip.gif"]

[a href="http://www.chatprincess.com/devine"]bored and in need of some x rated fun click here[img style="width: 84px; height: 46px;" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/deviant/icon_gallery.gif"]
[/a]
nothing else to do but post some pron... yeah i am very very bored[img style="width: 47px; height: 47px;" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/deviant/icon_frogking.gif"]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

We ended up with 3 1/2 feet that year SD.  It was awesome.  Have pics of hub and neighbour trying to prop a support under the hot tub roof....then them trying to shovel it off when the snow started again.

P.C.

Your meal sounds delicious Michel.  Nothing like a good tourtière.  I'm not hugely fond of deer, but I'm sure it could be prepared into something tastey by someone who knows what they're doing.  I cooked it like a roast beef, and it wasn't very good.....a little gamey for me.  I've never had it again. lol   Moose on the other hand is quite nice.

Sportsdude

I got hit on again at a restaurant downtown by a late 20s early 30s waitress. I don't know what it is with that age group always coming after me. lol oh well.    

Sportsdude

'96 we had a big snow storm, didn't top '98 though, it was like your '96 storm the highways became snow packed for 2 weeks it was that bad. lol  

|