What is Zwinky?

Started by Lise, Jan 20 07 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Go to commercial drive, and parts of main... theres tons of hippies. I think they forgot the sixties are over.

I wish I was born earlier... I missed out on the muscle car years.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Now you would have to mortgage both arms to keep one of those in gas.  I used to have a Buick Roadmaster in the sixties, and it took a lot of gas to fill it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Ive got a 66 plymouth... havent driven it in years. My grandfathers, bought it new from the showroom floor, 82000 origional miles on it. It likes the gas. LOL.

My GMC likes the gas too.. I rebuilt the engine right before the gas prices shot up, and I built it for as much horsepower and torque as I could get.. Need it for towing the car trailer and boat. I get from 250-300 city and 400-500 highway.. to 120 litres.

kitten

If you're hauling stuff around it's bound to use a lot of gas.  Do you feel that you are getting good mileage, all considered?  The biggest vehicle I ever had was a '72 Chev Impala station wagon.  It took as much space as a small pick-up truck. but with the back seat folded flat I could stretch out full length to sleep at night while traveling.  It had a powered back door that folded under the car.

Russ

kitten wrote:
 If you're hauling stuff around it's bound to use a lot of gas.  Do you feel that you are getting good mileage, all considered?  The biggest vehicle I ever had was a '72 Chev Impala station wagon.  It took as much space as a small pick-up truck. but with the back seat folded flat I could stretch out full length to sleep at night while traveling.  It had a powered back door that folded under the car.[/DIV]
 Honestly? No. I didnt build it to be fuel efficient really..  not too much difference in fuel consumption between hauling/ carrying stuff and just driving around. Look at your standard car for comparison, you get between 350-450 km per tank and a tank is 50 Litres.. I get 250-300 on 120 Litres.

Really? My buddy bought a 72 impala wagon six months ago! I helped rebuild the top end of the motor cause he was huffing blue anyhow on startup, and rather than just change the valve seals, we put a set of better air flow heads on.. Then I started tinkering with stuff and ended up having to change the water pump and radiater as well. Its actually not that bad on gas, goes pretty good too. Was yours a V6 or V8? And if v8, was it a 302 or 350 in it? Just curious really, buddies is a 302.. we want to rip it out and put a 350 in it with the guts from a 406 small block... making it a 383 stroker. I have to do a bit more research before we attempt it though.

Sportsdude

I never got the whole idea of an SUV.  Last time I checked a Van was more versital in hauling stuff.  You wouldn't believe what we've been able to back into our van.

I'd love to get either a honda fit or toyota matrix though.  Especially when I move across country in the near future.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

The Impala was a 350 V8.  It was silver, and really beautiful to drive.  My husband had a spot of trouble with the warranty, though.  The mileage gauge was sticking, and when we brought it in to the dealer, he said that it would work itself out since it was a new car.  The second time he told us that the warranty had expired.  It expired because we lived in Surrey and had to bring it back to be fixed.  It wound up in the main office and the supervisor was told that the car had better be fixed or they could take the keys and forget about the car.  Once we mentioned newspapers, they were able to repair it after all.

You really do get good mileage on your truck!  

Sportsdude

diesel or petrol Russ on the truck?

I wish the automakers would bring over V6 diesels and put them in the trucks over here that they do in Europe.  I remember reading somewhere that Honda was making a 4cyc diesel and V6 turbo diesel for their trucks and cars.

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
I never got the whole idea of an SUV.  Last time I checked a Van was more versital in hauling stuff.  You wouldn't believe what we've been able to back into our van.

I'd love to get either a honda fit or toyota matrix though.  Especially when I move across country in the near future.

Uh, I guess I didnt put that it was a truck. Its a half ton pickup. I use it for towing it my boat and car trailer. Theres NO WAY a van could pull either of them. We tried using a 4 litre jeep and it could barely pull the boat.

I agree though that a van is versatile.. but Ill stick with my pickup. I use it alot and I can move alot of stuff. If I want to move people Ill steal my brothers 4runner. This setup works for me.

Sportsdude

Yeah I know about pulling stuff.  The thing is not very many people who have trucks and SUV's use them to pull things.  And then when they go to Home Depot the wonder why they can't fit anything into their vehicle.
I think people are making a mistake when they buy the SUV over the van when all they are going to do is go garden shopping, home depot shopping, and going on vacations.  

Russ

Sorry, I missed this.

Sportsdude wrote:
diesel or petrol Russ on the truck?

Gas. Petrol is a European thing. We harrass each other over it on the ships. I wish it was a diesel. Im actually looking for another truck. This one is getting older and Im getting tired of it. Everything works on it, I hate it when something doesnt work no matter how small. I want a 1 ton dually with the 4 doors.. preferable a dodge diesel. this way I can tow a boat AND have a camper on the truck. if you have anything less than a one ton with only single rear wheels. IT IS ILLEGAL. Most people dont know this or ignore that.. but they are really nailing people around here now.

I wish the automakers would bring over V6 diesels and put them in the trucks over here that they do in Europe.  I remember reading somewhere that Honda was making a 4cyc diesel and V6 turbo diesel for their trucks and cars.

Thats only in the states bud.. you only get the major three with diesels there. We get all the european diesels up here in Canada. We dont have the same protectionist clauses you do, althought that changed this year didnt it? Or is it next year. One of my buddies takes a diesel jetta or diesel toyota down to the states once a year (all you are allowed) and sells it down in Cali.. he makes almost twice what he would get up here.

Sportsdude

Really? You've got other diesel things? Name them.  

Russ

I named two of them in the post above yours. Umm, off the top of my head our landcruisers and toyota trucks had the options of diesels. We have VW diesels in the trucks, vans and cars. I used to have a VW rabbit diesel. We have mercedes diesels, in cars and trucks.

Sportsdude

Hmm cool. I'll do a check of vehicles.
Sucks that we can't get diesel options.

Russ

I just did a quick check... you now get the option of diesels in your jeep liberties.. thats a mercedes engine.. and they have changed the laws so you will get alot more diesels in the next year or two from foreign manufacturers.

|