Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

No I didn't get the undies either, but I did use the coupon for the free Silhouette Yogurt..  

Michel

P.C.

I don't recall any reports in The Lunch Thread about jelly beans...or did you eat them for dinner ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

Remember the "Scanning code of practice" in the grocery store.  If the cash register price comes up higher than the actual price, the item is free (up to $10 usually).  My neighbour got free cat food at WalMart, then went back the next day to see if the bar code price had been changed (nope), and then back two more times for more free cat food.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

I think it's all across Canada.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

You were soliciting at the hotel ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Yeah, and he says he got screwed!

That must be why he keeps going to Ottawa "for work".

Michel

49er

[DIV class=articleheadings] [DIV class=headlines] [H1]Wal-Mart worker dies after shoppers knock him down[/H1]

[P class=byline]By COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writer

[P class=date]Friday, November 28, 2008

[/DIV][!--/.articleheadings --][!-- types/article/articletools.tmpl --] [DIV class="tools tools_top"] [DIV class=hr](11-28) 12:37 PST NEW YORK, (AP) --[/DIV]

[DIV id=articlecontent] [DIV class="bodytext bodytext_top" id=bodytext_top] [DIV class="georgia md" id=fontprefs_top] A Wal-Mart worker was killed Friday after an "out of control" throng of shoppers eager for post-Thanksgiving bargains broke down the doors at a suburban store and knocked him to the ground, police said.

[A href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/28/national/a080140S70.DTL"]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/28/national/a080140S70.DTL[/A]

[/DIV][/DIV][/DIV]

Michel

JJ

I missed a real good deal!  The last Mark's Workwear card that came with the flyer was $10. off any purchase as opposed to the $10 of any purchase over $50. that they normally send out.  I'll have to read the card sooner not just as I was going to throw it away because it had expired!

Russ

JJ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I missed a real good deal!  The last Mark's Workwear card that came with the flyer was $10. off any purchase as opposed to the $10 of any purchase over $50. that they normally send out.  I'll have to read the card sooner not just as I was going to throw it away because it had expired! [/div]
You know.. this is a good point. I normally just throw away money off coupons unless its something I would buy all the time.. This is a good reminder to keep an eye on stuff like this.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|