Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I quite enjoy free coffee at the bank.  They don't serve it at every location, and not every day.  It just makes me happy that they are finally GIVING me something after charging me for everything.

There used to be free popcorn somewhere.  Was it Revy or Irly Bird?  Some defunct hardware store.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yea....Revy has popcorn.  After the test drives at GM, we went back to the salespersons office.  She asked if we would like something to drink.....and I said yes please....I'll have a rum and coke.  She just laughed at me, so I got nothing.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

Honda, Acura, Toyota and Lexus dealers here have free coffee and juices in their waiting areas; donuts, muffins and bagels in the morning and fresh fruits rest of the day

P.C.

Most of the dealerships here have a customer 'loungey' area....with TV, often an aquarium.....lol.......coffee bar....with the same type of fare.  The newer dealerships are paying particular attention to this area.

49er

I think the japanese dealerships have a minimum standard they have to maintain.....the older smaller ones are closed or moved to newer, modern bigger showrooms with service facilities.  Some have computers available to surf while you wait, and play areas for kids

Michel

Lil Me

Subaru has nothing. :(
 I think they assume we all arrive with our own water and protein ration bars.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Apparently the lunch counter in back of Save on Meats in W Hastings has giant, cheap burgers.
 And you can buy any steak or chop in the store- they will cook it and serve with 2 side dishes for an extra $5...so you're looking at a great steak dinner for under $11.

purelife

Lil Me - I'm not sure if it was you who posted that by Clark/Venables area, there's a place that sells cheap meat, sausages, etc.  Do you remember the name of that place?  I was driving around that area the other day, looking for it, but couldn't remember where.  

Lil Me

I dunno if I posted it, but are you thinking about the Freybe Factory Outlet?  E Hastings nearVictoria Drive.  I don't have the address, but it's on the north side of Hastings.  

Lil Me

1927 Hastings Street E
                 Vancouver, BC V5L 1T5
                         [span id="bizPhone"](604) 255-6922[/span]  

Lil Me

Free coffee at the hardware store yesterday.  

purelife

All you have to do, is print out the coupon and it gives you free admission to the bridge.  So, who is gonna go?!!

P.C.

Not me.  But I am going to try to make the Ladysmith Light-up this year.

|