Peppers (2)

Started by Mutilated Mind, Nov 08 06 10:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilated Mind

" Sweet green bell-shaped peppers are the most popular garden variety. Left to ripen, they turn red, purple, orange or yellow and gain various levels of sweetness depending on the variety. Although the paler green and yellow tapering varieties have more flavor, all sweet peppers are similar in flavor and texture. They are crisp and refreshing raw, and pleasantly assertive when cooked to tenderness.

Green bell peppers are a main ingredient in Louisiana Creole and Cajun cuisine as well as Italian and Mediterranean cooking. Peppers can be harvested from July to October. They are delicious in the green stage, the sweeter ripe stage or anywhere in between. Due to the short Chicagoland growing season, many sweet peppers never reach full maturity/ripeness."

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/peppers1.html

One recipe which I think is particularly delicious is a well-known way of preparing those bell peppers in south-eastern Europe. It's very popular in Greek cuisine and rather easy to prepare. It's just filling up the peppers with ground up meat or a mix of meat with cooked rice, of course mixed with the needed spices, and cooked in a covered pan, perhaps in the oven.

Yummy !  :)

purelife

Speaking of peppers, I heard that Sammy J Peppers is a great restaurant to dine.

Lise

Bleech.... I don't like Sammy Peppers. Loud music, lousy food... couldn't hear myself think. Then again this was many years ago. Haven't stepped into the restaurant since then.

The servers are hawt though.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.