So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lise

Hey Opa's! Love their calamari.

Bumped out..... meaning so depressed about ppl's attitude and cockiness. I cannot believe they're getting away with murder while ppl like me who understand that we need to pull together as a concrete team player get shafted constantly. It's like, you're doing what needs to be done then some b****h goes ahead and screws up everything.

Anyways, gonna talk to my supervisor tomorrow about this shitty situation. I'm hopeful she'll do something about instead of sweeping it under the rug or chalk it up to the saying, 'it's only  human blah blah blah.'
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

Ok Lise...gotcha!  (everyone else understood...)
 Having been in your situation, I know you can get more "action" if you have some possible solutions worked out in your head.  If you can suggest those, it's easy for the workplace to implement the solutions you've devised.  

Otherwise, it's easy for the boss to say "ok...ok" and then do nothing.  I've done that a lot too at work...not for lack of caring, but because the issue gets shuffled to the backburner, especially if there is no immediate solution and some thought is required...other more pressing issues (with imminent deadlines) usually occupy my thoughts.

Welcome home Michel.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
Resistance was futile, I went there directly and ate my usual gyros platter.  
 --
 That's ok.  Now you don't need to eat later.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

Drink some water and go to bed early.  You're probably dehyrated and tired from traveling.  

Michel

Lise

My meetings begin at 7.30am sharp, Michel. Hah! Beat that!

Good advice, LM. I will think on offering some ideas on how to tackle this situation but it's kinda hard considering the offender has been in the workplace for 16 years and can sweet talk her away out of anything. Plus it doesn't help that the supervisor has virtually given up on helping ot disciplining the offender(s).
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sportsdude

heyo great day!

I'll get to P.C.'s reply in a sec. first the fun stuff:

Okay well I wanted to be a tourist for some reason. lol So I went to Gastown hung out by the clock around noon listened to it chime while holding the phone to it so my mom could here lol. Then I walked to the US Consulate, I wanted to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving, but for some reason I decided against. So I finally got my phone # changed from an isle to a van #. finally. Oh and then for my 'thanksgiving' lunch I went for Vietnamese food, which everyone found funny today.
I tried for KFC but someone told me the store got shut down? oh well I couldn't find it today.
Had a blast met a bunch of Americans, good time.

Yeah on the 'incident' my father can't really ask them to leave without it causing an international incident. They're the type of people that can burn your house down with rage, but one snide remark or sarcasm even (which I get in trouble for) they'll get really mad and show their displeasure. I can't say anything to anyone about anything at all (which is really hard for me to do), I can't talk about Canada or anything as it will come back to my parents from my uncle as a 'strike' if you will.

And just to get a picture of my dad read To Kill a Mockingbird and the character Atticus Finch. That's my dad. So the act of him leaving the room is huge. Me on the other hand would of kicked them out and said don't come back I'm tired of this shit for the last 22 years etc, but I'm no Atticus Finch. :)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I LOVED Atticus.  

I understand the complications and obligations with family, SD.  It's not always easy and not always cut and dried.  When it comes to family, sometimes there are problems without solutions.    But family or not, I just couldn't see myself tolerating that stuff in my house.  I'm ok with tolerating our differences...tolerating bad manners, tolerating different habits....all kinds of things....but tolerating blatant racism in my house,  is a no go.  There would never BE a 22 year relationship with anyone of that nature....family or not.  

I think Atticus wouldn't have tolerated it either.     Did I say I love Atticus?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

G'day.

No no russ, I am not avoinding you guys. Just busy. Lot of explaining to clients I will be across the ocean in the New Years. Just busy.

Happy Friday!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Hi Van [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

So what time will you pick me up then ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|