So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

ugh, sorry everyone, I was sleeping and just woke up with the dog in my face. SS and my brother were glaring at me as well, lol.

Dinner tonight is delivery sushi... we seem to have a new place around us that delivers, so we will see.

What did I miss? Lil Me and a crock pot.. Lise with a spicey PL, and PL with DSL. Lise wanting SD to cook for her. Did I miss anything?  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Good evening everyone.

We're baking some lasagne at the moment.  So, that'll be for dinner. :)

tenkani

*droolz*

Lasagne sounds so good right now.

I'm making instant filipino noodles with essence of chicken right now 'cause I'm still at work.

*sound of violin playing sad tune in background*
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Awwww....poor tenkani. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/d080.gif" border=0]

Lasagne DOES sound good purelife.  I think I might do the same this weekend.  Thanks for the idea.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

You're welcome.  :)

Russ

tenkani wrote:
 *droolz*

Lasagne sounds so good right now.

I'm making instant filipino noodles with essence of chicken right now 'cause I'm still at work.

*sound of violin playing sad tune in background*[/DIV]
 How late do you work? Do you start around noon and work till late? Or can you come and go as you want, as long as you put in a certain amount of work a day?

And heres the main question I wanted to ask.. what are filipino noodles? what makes them different then <example> say rice noodles?

tenkani

I have the luck to work at a job where I can come in at 5:00 P.M. and chances are good I won't be missed. I work in a large organization with poor management. I remind me a little of Milton Waddams from Office Space in that if I were to move my desk to the basement no one would really notice.

Ok, my office mates would notice, but I could probably get away with it for a few weeks at least.

Oh, um, filipino noodles are filipino because they call themselves "Pinoy Chicken"!!

Plus they are hawt     :)
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Russ

pinoy chicken.. hmm off to google.

Sounds like a good job!

Im FULL from sushi. It wasnt too bad.. sashimi was good (but how can you screw up hunks of fish?), the sushi rolls were so/ so.

purelife

Mmmmm....sushi sounds really really yummy.  I'm just enjoying some yummy cheesecake....you know, to ease the pain... hee hee...  

Russ

Well, Im glad you are enjoying your cheesecake.. I know who to give mine to next time.

How was your lasagne?

hmm, I think Im going to have to get a more powerful remote control that can overule the one that I have now. Im NOT wanting to watch some touchy feely show all the time. or Grays Anatomy.

purelife

Lasagne was store brought from that SuperStore.  :P  It was drabby.  

Yup, please send all cheesecake(s) to me.  You know where I work. hee hee.....  ;)

Russ

Stupidstore lasagne isnt too bad if you put another layer of meat and your own cheese on top of it.

I usually put a layer of spagball sauce with ground beef on top of whats there, then a whack of cheese.

The best place to get things like lasagne and shephards pie is costco. I shit you not. The quality of the prepared food is good, it is almost full price though.

hmm, I might go there tomorrow.. I have to convince the boss.

purelife

I don't have a Costco membership.  :(  The next time when I piggyback off of my b/f's grandma's card, I'll be sure to get some.  Lasagna looks and sounds too fussy to make.  Oh, I still have yet to visit M&M's for those cabbage rolls.  I wonder if Kitten has made more visits to M&M.  I miss her... :(  I haven't seen her around for a while.

Russ

piggyback? you know if she has a card, she can tack on two more cards onto her account as long as you are family. I have my brother and my mother on my account. They upgraded me to the executive with 3% or something discount and early entry cause of how much I spent.. its actually worth it, if you do a fair bit of shopping there.

After typing that out, I think Ive posted that before.. sory if Im repeating myself.

Yaargh! to popcorn or not to popcorn.. that is the question.

purelife

I say POPCORN!  With butter is better.  :)  Enjoy your movie.  Watching Devils Wear Prada?  

|