So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

I'm not sure what to feed her. Gotten to the point where I'm afraid of putting things in her... y'know, in case she decides to throw it back up into my face.

I gave her soup and she threw that up. She's not having a fever (so no medicine) but she just can't seem to get her food down. *sigh*

Anyways, I'll see if she'll take the leftover congee today for lunch.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

did you take her to the doctor? Who got sick first you or her?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Nope. Haven't done so. I might if she doesn't stop soon. Dunno who got sick first. Might have been me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

if she can't keep her food down then yeah you need to see the doc asap.
Plus if she got sick from you its a form of the flu you have of course.  My bet stomach flu.  That would explain why she throws up all the time.

purelife

I hope that congee helps, Lise.  Something plain and simple.  

Lise

Yeah, thanks guys. Nothing like cleaning up vomit to make your day.

Now onto other pleasant topics. What's for lunch for you lot today?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

don't know lise, just got up.  Hope not cookies like yesterday  

purelife

I'm probably having some canned soup.  I feel like clam chowder.  

Lise

You know where's the best clam chowder I've tried? Ketchikan, Alaska. Simply brilliant, large chunks of seafood.... I can't find the same stuff here anymore.

Another good spot is The Old Spagetti Factory but I had to stop eating after I found out they put bacon in it. Ho hum.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

You've been to Alaska Lise? No waay! awesome!

oops forgot about you and the whole pork thing.  Yeah that sucks.  Best chowda I've had was on Cape Cod at this one mom and pop restuarant.

Lise

Alaska on a cruise ship. Twas a short trip but well worth it. I can remember being so cold. Wind whipping your hair into a frenzy, everything was wet.... then we manage to go into this small place just out by the port. Bought the chowder because I wanted to sample something Alaskan and thought it was one of the best soup ever. This, after coming from a cruise ship that serve gourmet meals every day.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

oh neat Lise.  Did your cruise ship go by Glacier Bay?

I'm having chicken

purelife

Oh, I bet the Alaskans make the best!  They're known for seafood.  How about Australia, Lise?  

Have you ever had ginger candy, Lise?  the ones coated with some sugar?  I'm not sure if you can eat them (with the sugar) but they do help colds and such.  I have it almost everyday for the antioxidents.

Lise

Seafood in Australia is awesome. You can't get some of the fish here like barramundi or yabbis.(strange looking prawns) They're more known for grilling their seafood or just having a cold platter. I miss those. Yummy.

Here's a typical seafood platter. Looks almost exactly the same one I had from the Fish Market at Sydney.

And purelife, nope.... have never tried those ginger cubes you were talking about. Where do you find them?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

omg that looks soo good lise  

|