So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

how do they come in the can?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

because if they come whole I probably won't eat them but if they're cleaned and seasoned sounds good I'll eat it.

purelife

Lime on sardines?  Interesting Lise.  I'll try that, but without the chillis.  I'll put the onions though.  Thanks. :)        

P.C.

[DIV align=center][A onclick="MM_openBrWindow('sardines_movie.html','sardines','width=480,height=320')" href="http://www.evanmather.com/html/sardines.html#"][img style="WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 120px" height=240 alt=Sardines src="http://www.evanmather.com/images/movies/sardines.jpg" width=320 border=0][/A]

[DIV align=center]

[DIV align=center]Like so.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Have not tried Cloverdale or the Brunswick one. The only ones I've tried (from their brand) are the smoked oysters and tuna.

The sardines I get come in a red can. Don't remember the name but I know it's red.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I like them in soya oil.....and I DON'T rinse them.  

Sportsdude

give me brands that I should try I'll go to the store tonight.    

Lise

Soya oil? Like just splash the soy oil on them and eat?

Everytime I go on a skytrain and it's peak hours, I'm always reminded of a sardine can. Like how frigging packed we all are.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

This is the one that I buy.  You can get others that are packed in soya, mustard, olive oil or tomatoes.  They are cleaned and there are usually 4 big suckers with the bones and everythign.  Don't worry, the bones are soft and chewable and digestable.  And don't worry, I was only kidding about them jumping at ya.  ;)  tee hee...

P.C.

The Brunswick have gone downhill over the last few years.  I guess you get what you pay for....they're only like 77 cents.  I suppose it's less work to process 4 big fishies than 20 little ones.  

Sportsdude

Oh cool I was thinking they weren't cleaned and came as a whole fish.    

purelife

It is whole.

I'll have to try the Cloverleaf brand, PC.  Is there a picture that you could find for us?  

P.C.

Like this Lise ???

[img style="WIDTH: 216px; HEIGHT: 175px" height=334 src="http://www.biblepicturegallery.com/free/Pics/Sardines.gif" width=477]  

Sportsdude

No when I meant whole I mean eyes, skin etc. etc. like you just caught it.

Anyway dinner awaits will go to the store tonight.  

Lise

Bill Cosby.

|