So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yeay! Its Tuesday! That means my cousin cooks, I like her food!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hey Ally. Oops. Think I just missed you.

You're snowed in. Oh dear. Tough on you, my dear. We're kinda snowed in, can't take the car out but we live so close to Metrotown that public transist isn't a big deal.

Lunch today was a can of ravioli for Lise Jr. She loves anything tomatoe-ish. I ate a sandwich with cheese and chicken breast.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

That's awesome that you live so close to a big mall.  I've got to get in the car and drive.

purelife

Hiya Lise.

Does Lise Jr. like sardines?  They are also packed in tomatoes.  

Lise

I don't know. I haven't tried that yet. I doubt she'll like that as she's got this adversion to fish. Only managed to snuck fish into her in congee.

Hmm. But then again it's tomatoes so maybe I'll give it a go.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Maybe you can mix it in with some noodles.  The tomato sauce does taste good.  :)

Lise

I usually use a can of sardines in my asam laksa. It's a typical Malaysian noodle dish. Easy to do. I haven't tried that with Lise Jr. though so maybe I should.

What do you usually do with a can of sardines, purelife? Anything fancy? Or do you just pop those suckers out and eat them like that?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I actually brought some today at London Drugs for dinner today.  I just eat them straight from the can, no plate, but I use a fork.  LOL, I'm not going that far and touching those smelly suckers.  I mean, what if one JUMPS at me?  That would be freaky.  

I don't know what you could do with sardines.  Make a sardine sandwich?  

Russ

pizza or soup.

you eat them right out of the can? I used to do that. Now the spines in them annoy me, gotta be in something. How often do you eat them? I notice you mention them alot.. whys that?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

My mom usually does this with her sardines. Put them out on a place, cut half lime and squeeze on sardines. Cut some red onions and chillies, put on top. That's the way I remember.

I like them occasionally in my sandwich. Not too often though because of the strong smell.

Anyone tried kipper in a can? What's that?  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I've never had sardines am I missing anything?

purelife

I mention sardines a lot?  Hmmm... don't remember.  Ah well.

I just needed my intake of amino fatty acids. I don't have a can opener for a can of salmon because otherwise, I'd eat those instead of sardines.  But, I do like sardines just like that.  This stuff is good for you, that's all I need to know.

The bones are the best thing.  ;)  Hahahahaha... ("ewwww....." said Russ)

Lise

LOL. Ditto the bones. I thoroughly enjoy them as well.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

you eat the bones?

i dunno I'll pass I think.

P.C.

I've finally just switched from the Brunswick sardines to Cloverleaf (I think).  The darn things cost 4 times more, but the Brunswick just don't taste so good any more.  I've eaten them since I was a kid, and there used to be like 20 of the teeny little fellers in a can......nice delicate taste.  Now there's like 4 whoppers.  Strong tasting.....ptewwi.  

I told hubby that I couldn't believe that after all these years, that I would just not like them any more, and he was the one that recommended trying a different brand.  Good call.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|