So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I get the coffee beans at Safeway, and mix as the mood strikes me.  The base coffee is dark Columbian, about 7/8ths.  The other 1/8th is open for experiment.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

kitten

A beautiful morning to you, purelife.

Ally

Good morning all!

My timmy's is brewing.  It's going to take another few minutes.  I can't wait for my smooth perfect cup of Timmy's!!!

Anybody have an automatic coffee maker?  My husband and I are looking at them right now.  We just ordered a DVD from the manufacturer.  It's simply a push of the button.  No filter to clean, no milk to froth(for specialty coffee's).  I'm being boring.

Here's some unboring(ikea!)  I thought that I was going to get shot yesterday.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

Morning all. *yawn*

Coffee maker? Nope but I would love to have one. That Tassimo one looks really nice. Just press button and viola. I suck at making coffee. Instant coffee I can do but the one that requires the drip and filter... meh. Don't ask.

What's this about getting shot?? Whoa. Care to tell?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Yeah the one we're looking at(actually it's my husband doing the research) is the Jura Capresso Z5 I think?  I don't actually know anyone that has it.  We had a demo at Williams and Sonoma a few weeks ago.

My almost getting shot story:

I went to Northgate Mall yesterday(about 10 minutes from where I live).  Parking was tough to find.  I ended up parking way off by the Toys R'Us at the back.  My daughter started to fuss a bit.  I decided to leave the car running(for heat), lock the doors, and hop into the back seat and feed her.  So there I am.  In the back seat of my car feeding my daughter listening to the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  I was enjoying myself.

I see a police car drive by.  I figured that he's doing patrols.  I really only noticed because the police cars here aren't white like they are in Van.  They're dark blue with a grey stripe.  About 3 minutes later he drives by again but this time cuts through the aisle and pops out on the other side.

The next bit of my story takes place over about 1 minute.  Excuse the swearing.  I am giving a play by play of what happened in my head.

All of a sudden out of nowhere there's 3 cop cars right by this reddish colored car(maybe a sentra?) There's six cops surrounding this vehicle.  This has my attention.  One of the cops has her big huge flashlight in strike position and the rest of them all have their hands on their guns.  Then 2(I think) drew their weapons and the female police officer starting striking the passenger window to try and break it.  my thoughts: *f*ck* I'm 15 feet away from a gun battle.  they don't even know that I'm here.  there's going to be freaking ricocheting(not sure if I spelled that right) bullets and I have my daughter in my arms.  Great.  I'm really not in the mood to get shot.  I really wish I was home in front of my fireplace with my soft blankets(I actually thought that)  I'm fully willing to take a bullet though protecting my daughter.  ***that motherly protective fierce instinct was really really high at this point***  

So I got down on the floor of the vehicle with my body around my daughter.  I had unclipped her car seat when I first took her out to feed her so I put that behind me(between my back and the door).  I figured if there was a stray bullet, the more resistance it meets in it's travels the better.  I know this is silly, but I also flexed every muscle I had thinking that I was somehow making myself inpenetrable.  

I heard a lot of shouting and then silence.  I waited a minute and then I popped my head up to see what was going on and was just in time to see the suspect car taking off, and the cops in hot pursuit(not sure how they got away?)

I found this really really scary.  My heart was pounding and I was vibrating.  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

kitten

OMG Ally, that would be terrifying!  I'm glad you and your baby escaped unhurt, but what a shocking thing to happen.

Russ

+1

Glad you are ok Ally!

Really shows you motherly instinct doesnt it?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Oh, my Ally!  I feel terrified and my body is just shaking hearing your story.  I am so happy that you two got out there safe.  Oh my....

Lise

OMG. Scary stuff indeed! I'm glad that you and your wee little one wasn't hurt. Dang! At a Toys R Us parking lot too.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

I feel sort of drama queenish because I wasn't really involved.  But then again I guess that if guns are drawn and you're within a couple hundred feet(I was about 15 feet away) you're involved.  

I feel sort of ticked off that the police would allow such a thing to escalate like that in a public place.

Oh yeah the motherly instinct is sooooo fierce.  

I can't believe the adrenalin response though.  It's crazy.  I was totally ready to fight.

purelife

People are most strongest when their adrenaline is pumped.  You wouldn't believe how much willpower and strength one could conjure up when your adrenaline is pumped.  I've been in those situations.  Not fun.

purelife

It's so quiet now...

So, how was lunch?

Russ

Lunch was good! I ended up heating up some salmon that I found in the fridge. Dont know from when but it didnt stink so I ate it.

I agree pretty quiet.. The chatroom kicked me out after a bit of inactivity. Ah well.

How was yours? Did your co workers take you out somewhere?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I had this brocolli and meatballs and this rice dish with artichoke.  Yummy.

Nope, coworkers never took me out.  We just talked about my news, that's all.

|