So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Oh yes, the 11pm closing time.  Almost forgot about that.  Hmm, I might head to Toy's R Us's Broadway location.  It shouldn't be too too busy there...  Thanks for the forewarning Miss Lise.

Lise

Not a problem, Lady purelife. Broadway might be less busy but I wouldn't hold my breath for long. Hey, while you're there, check out Tomakasu Restaurant which is just above the place. Awesome place for sushi. It's cheaper for lunch.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Cool Lise.  That's easy to remember.  Sushi place, starts with a T, above Toys R Us.  ;)  hee hee... I'll go there if I feel like sushi that day.

purelife

Did you go to Zellers?  How was that, if you did go there?

Hey, have you ever seen those Spiral art thingees at the toy store?  They come in circles and you put your pen in the middle and start to do these awesome spiral shapes things.  I don't know what they're called.  I used to play with these when I was a kid and absolutely had so much fun! Does anybody know?

Gopher

I've never known what they were called, purelife. Have just looked on google and come up with nothing - will try again in a few minutes and let you know if I find anything.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

I just don't know what to search for on google.  So you know what thing I'm talking about, Gopher?  The package comes with all sorts of shapes and circles and in the circles were like holes and you'd put your pen and start making these magnificent spiral art.  

ADD:  I think it's these:

[A href="http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-42041"]http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-42041[/A]    

Gopher

Nearest I've come up with is something called spirograph. If you go into the images section of google and enter spiral drawing toy (or something like that) you should come up with it - eventually!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Thanks Gopher!  Yeah, Spirograph!  That must be the name!  Thanks again.  Bless.

Russ

wow, this place is completely dead. Is there anyone else around?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hey Russ.  I'm around for a while.  I've got so much to do with catch up and such.  I really want this month to be over with.

tenkani

Ahhh. Came in late for work. Don't have much time but I wanted to give a shout out to Russ, PL, Lise and whoever else is lurking.

Gopher, have you ever taken a break from the Net and when you come back you seem to have dropped out of touch with someone and aren't sure how to re-establish contact without feeling/seeming really awkward? No? Just me? Hmmmm.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Russ

Hello back Tenkani! Yeah, today seems S L O W for some obscure reason. Im sure its because kitten, PC, and Lise arent here.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I'm here, I'm here  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c015.gif" border=0]

I had to work today, and when I got home, I made one post and then the power went out.  Just got it back.  Only maintainance this time, no storm.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

Hiya P.C.!

How is your neighborhood doing? A lot of fallen trees and mess?

Weather has not been exciting here. Looks like a green Christmas is forcasted. Blecch! My snow dance isn't working out so good. Mind you, the hills have a great start, they just need MORE MORE MORE!

Don't think I will be hitting them too much until it dumps some serious powder.

Anyways, I wish you, and all the other lunchers the best and a super evening..or morn, whenever you read this.

P.C.

Hi CK.  RATS !!!!!  I always miss you.  

The neighbourhood is a mess for sure, but personally we made out OK.  I think the hydro guys did pretty good getting us power back in only 3 days.  They certainly had their work cut out for them.  There were roads you couldn't even see.....they looked like you were heading into dense forest.

As for the power outage, I don't really mind that so much.  (didn't care for losing all our food, but all in all, it could have been a lot worse than it was)  

Green Christmas for us too *cry*  I suppose it'll make travel a little easier, anyway.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|