So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Greetings Gopher. Looks like an ok day today. Some sun.... I'm literally dancing on my feet everytime I see sunshine.

Anyone know anything about grilling steaks? I've got myself a huge slab but each time I grilled the sucker, I end up with a raw middle. I want the meat to cook thoroughly (don't like red bleeding stuff) but I always end up burning the outside and not cooking the inside. Then I have to microwave the entire lot. No fun.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Try doing it very slowly, then shoot up the temperature for  a  very short time towards the end.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

You mean, just do it on very low heat for a long time, then crank it up high towards the end? I thought the grill had to be really, really hot? I don't know.... getting mixed messages. I love steaks but it's a pain to do them sometimes.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Shoot. Gotta run. Kids are callin'. Take care, Gopher dude.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I just watched competive eating on Espn and I'm going to throw up now.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You probably are getting mixed messages, Lise....because I would do exactly the opposite.  Start it high.....sear one side.....flip it.....and then as soon as it's flipped.....lower the temp.  Searing it hot is what seals in the juice.  Also, starting it on a low temp will probably make it stick to the grill.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

YES!  I filled my craving for PHO and had it for lunch today.  Ahhh...my tastebuds are happy now.  :)

purelife

I'm going to watch Deja Vu tonight.  Denzel W....drools....

Sportsdude

cool pl!
yeah I had a sweet potato for lunch.

kingy

i watched 'the departed' during lunch. it is a great movie. lots of big named actors.

Lise

Hey PC. Thanks for the tip. I've never lower the heat before so I'll do this. Fingers cross it'll turn out ok.

What's The Departed all about?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Its about the Irish mob in Boston. Its good pretty graphic violence wise and there's a twist at the end.  

Lise

Mm. No magick? Not my kinda tea. Hubby might like it though.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

leo di caprio plays a cop who infiltrates the mob lead by jack nicholson. the mob meanwhile, has an detective that infiltrated the police department played by matt damon trying to find out who the mole is. and just to add some romance into the movie, both leo and matt are sleeping with the same girl!  

|