So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CK

yes, they were smoked, like the canned ones. Hey, if they have it on the menu, why not? (of course it was on the "build your own pizza" list).

P.C.

Well in that case it sounds like pizza perfection to me !  CK ? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

oysters, good!

anchovies, good!

feta *droool*

shrimp, yummmm!

cheese and pizza sauce on beautiful pizza dough...ahhhhhhh...

[/DIV]It's missing artichoke hearts!  Mmmm...whenever I'm at Me And Ed's Pizza, I top everything on it.  YUMMY!

CK

I changed my mind about Pho today though. Have a meeting at 1 and it will include sandwhiches...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....          

CK

purelife wrote:
  [/DIV][/DIV]It's missing artichoke hearts!  Mmmm...whenever I'm at Me And Ed's Pizza, I top everything on it.  YUMMY!
  *sniffle*..that just brought back a tearful Burnaby memory! Me-N-Eds just off of Kingsway!

purelife

Sorry about that CK.... didn't mean to...  *hugs*    

CK

I also think there is one in N.Van too!

don't be sorry! There is good pizza here too...

*back to thinking about purelife and her stockings...sigh*...

tenkani

*FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP* *FAP*
Mmmmmmm, Lunch   *drool*

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

CK

my meeting is canceled,

can you hear my stomach now? [FONT size=6]*GROWWWLLLLLL!!!!!!*[/FONT]

tenkani

W00h00!!
I had thai food and it was amazing.
Chicken pan fried noodles with garlic. And to drink some scrummy thai iced tea.
I love this thai restaurant. It has orange walls. That should be garish and annoying but somehow isn't.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

Wow. I go away for one day and I missed out on all the fun. Must have been a busy lunch date.

purelife - it's really easy to make congee in a crock pot but easier if you have one of those fancy rice cooker that cooks the stuff. What I do is to add 1 cup of rice to about four cups of water. Toss in ginger and leave on slow overnight.  Then 1 hour before you start eating, throw in fish (or whatever you want) and scallops (I use the rehydrated dried scallops) and set crock pot to high.

Garnish with cilantro and scallions. Pepper to taste. I also add a dash of sesame oil. We bought chinese donuts from the store and cut them into pieces to add to the congee for some authentic taste. Delicious.

And oh, speaking of puking... I almost puked the other day when I was eating at the Metrotwon McDonalds. Disgusting place! I couldn't believe the floor stank of poo..... and my husband told me the delightful story of just exiting their toilet. Apparently someone had smeared poo all over the walls. Great.....NOT.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Your congee recipe sounds yummy.  It sounds about like how my mom makes hers but I didn't know about the cooking the rice with the ginger for a long time.  Good idea.  Do you use white rice or brown?  I've always had congee with white rice but know that white rice is bad for you.  So, I wonder how it'll taste like with brown.  

Thanks Lise.    

Lise

No probs, purelife. My mother's brilliant when she makes congee. She adds the ginger in order to give it a bit of a flavor. I had no idea you could make congee in a crock pot but thanks to my mom, I get to do this very simple dish when it gets cold in winter.

You'll get to sample her cooking this weekend.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Sweet!  I love home cooking by mom's.  Mom's cooking is always the best.  :)  

The other day, I was at a friend's house and his mom made this meatleaf and sauce for tortellini and OMG, YUMMY!  

Whenever I want homemade food, I head to my mom's because I just don't have the time to cook at home with this second job and errands in the evening when I'm not working.  

Lise

That sounds yummy. Any idea how she does it?

Yeah, you're so lucky your mom's here. I wish mine was living closer so I can just haul my butt over whenever I feel like homecooking. *sigh*
Bill Cosby.

|