So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

lol....that clone has boobs.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

49er

Good morning all

Check out this site [A href="http://www.playingforchange.com/"]http://www.playingforchange.com/[/A] ...... wonderfull music and peace project as well

Sportsdude

The revolution chick. Damn the rich man, horrible ending, rather lame.

But its cool that the origins of Skype are found in that movie. haha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Very cool 49er.  So pretty.  

SD...not sure what you are talking about.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
  SD...not sure what you are talking about.

Everything devised in the computer age was thought up in Metropolis, a silent movie. (that movie)
-they are talking through tv sets in telephone conversations. (this movie is 1927)

It has a silly ending that critics panned, but a certain Goebbels loved it because its all about revolution forced from above with the special group of wannabe revolutionaries or owners who would still be in control. Uniting the brain/head (owners) and the heart/arms (down below), making the body (Metropolis the city) whole.

The ending there's a hand shake. The robot was created by the ruler of the city to create a revolution and bring everything down so he could gain and have total control (like a vanguard party or nazi party ideal). Anyway, that's the point of that movie, working class getting confused and taken advantaged of, played off of by the owners and in the end they all unite to strive to make the city a better place. Workers drop their revolutionary ideas kneel before the owners. etc

P.C.

I know the movie....but as I saw it years and years and years ago, the pic didn't register right away, so it just came out of the blue.  (also, I had a totally different take on the movie)  

Lil Me

Evening!  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Well that's what films are, different people see different things. Basically that's what the 'intellectual' crowd at the time thought of the ending. Its just the ending that people get annoyed with.

purelife

Evening everyone!  

I discovered another neat snack.  (saw the recipe in Costco Connection magazine)

Strawberry slices with dashes of your best balsamic vinegar.  Soak them for about 10-15 min and then sprinkle some sugar.  

I was kinda skeptic at first but I had to try it.  It was YUMMEE!!!

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Well that's what films are, different people see different things. Basically that's what the 'intellectual' crowd at the time thought of the ending. Its just the ending that people get annoyed with.

Well....there's always that bunch that fancies themselves intellectual, when really, they are no more equipped to judge a subjective medium than anybody else.  And then there's the bunch that just love to hear the sound of their own voice.  Some of the crap that 'intellectuals' call art leaves much to be desired.  I've taken overdue stuff out of the bottom of my vegetable drawer that has more artistic appeal.  (not including Metropolis in that one)

Michel

|