So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

stared at the sun for an hour watching the sunset at the beach. mind blowing as usual.

got a haircut, and oh my I'm listening to a ubc basketball game. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Great Clips is always good for cheap hair cuts but I must admit they don't do good haircuts. I hate going to them unless I really have to. The best stylist I know is in Oakridge Mall and the owner cuts really well. Unfortunately she's quite a drive away so I always opt for Crystal Mall. They know how to cut that Honger style IMHO.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

ah well I found a cheap place. Haircut turned out decent.  

Gopher

How much did you pay?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

12.50 I got my 'professional' haircut style. The barber said I look 5 years younger, I think its the opposite. lol

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  Hi everyone.  

SD....whatever you do don't get it cut any more for a while, or you would look like this before too long....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a207.gif" border=0]  lol.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

lunch today  costs less than 7 dollars for 6 people it is also fairly tasty.

prep time 10 min cooking time 15 min serves 6 people or 3 large hungry ones

ingrediants list most people have in their homes.  .

2 table spoons mild chili powder.
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder.  
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper  
3 pinches seasoning salt.

grocery ingredients.

1 pound extra lean ground beef.         cost 2.49

1 white onion large size diced thin       cost 20 cents

12 large mushrooms cut fine.              cost 1.30

4 mediumish field tomatoes cut fine     cost 1.60

5  packets mr noodles beef flavor or 4 cups of mr noodles chow mien style noodles and 2 oxo cubes of beef flavouring or 2 mr noodles beef flavour pouches... cost 1.25  (25 cents for each mr noodles)

bring 6 cups of water to a boil add 3 oxo cubes  or  2.5 mr noodles flavor pouchs to this while ur burger meat is cooking

Spread beef out and coat both sides with ur spices. mix well while cooking on a medium high heat.

Cook until the blood and juice starts to run clear. Make sure to crumble the ground beef to small pieces, while cooking to ensure that the flavor mix's well with the ground beef. Once the fluid runs clear remove from the heat, drain off fat and set aside..

Now combine the mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and oxo water. Simmer 2 - 3 min for flavour to combine. Mix well with the noodles. When the noodles are medium firm add the beef back in & keep stiring, until the water is cooked off.

When done remove from heat and fill  4 - 6 bowls serve immediately before it has time to cool  eat and enjoy

serves 4 - 6  people.
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img]  Hi everyone.  

SD....whatever you do don't get it cut any more for a while, or you would look like this before too long....[img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a207.gif[/img]  lol.

lol. Really though I don't see how the Mario Dumont/Michael Michael Ignatieff haircut I get makes me look younger.  I do have that 'babyface' so I guess that's where she got it from.

Lise

Hiya PC, long time no see!! It's nice to have you back.

I hate hair cuts. I get them only about twice a year..... is that bad?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Thanks Miss Lise.

I don't do the hair cut thing either.  When it starts dangling in my soup, I'll lob off 4 or 5 inches.

That's such a strange thing for your hairdresser to have said, SD.  That would be a lovely compliment for someone in their 40's.  But to someone who's barely out of their teens, I think it would be more complimentary to say....This makes you look so mature....or wise....or worldly....or sexy....or something of that nature.  20 year olds generally, are not looking for a look that puts them back in their teens.      

Sportsdude

well I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. She spoke in broken english so she probably meant older. I mean lol, could put my hair up in a bun before the cut, I dunno how that would be conceived as older. haha  

Lise

All this talk about hair cut makes me wanna go see someone next week. Darn you all!

Hey, did ya hear? Possible snow (SNOW!!!!) on Wednesday. Whoopee doo. *sarcasm*
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

Evening!  *yawns*  Had a great Baden-Powell Dinner tonight (Scout family potluck) and a night hike last night a Buntzen Lake.

Time for a few drinks and a couple episodes of CSI. *cheers*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hi Lil Me and Michel

We have rain here, which is fabulous, as it hasn't rained in an awfully long time.

Your hike weekend sounds like you had a lot of fun Lil Me. =)

|