So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

hahaha.

morning, owe, owe. I'm becoming Earl Campbell I can barely walk in the morning from skiing lol.

note: Earl Campbell famous football player of the 70s and 80s, they ran the ball too much (he was the running back) and well he can't really walk now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I'm wondering where P.C. is lately....

Lunch was leftover chicken fried rice with spring onions and mixed coleslaw.  

Michel

Sportsdude

yeah where is PC?

had a Lebanese lamb pita

Lise

I haven't had pita in ages. Maybe it's time to start with that love affair again. Lunch today was roast BBQ duck with rice.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

no lunch today.

supper is a cheap bachelor meal what you will need

1 pack Mr. noodles, vegetable flavor  pre crush the noodles. for mixing in to the vegetables sauce
1 cup of corn caned, frozen or fresh (i am using frozen)
1 small diced onion
1 cup of pre cooked diced chicken breast.  ( i am using presidents choice variety)
2 table spoons Soya sauce (kikomans)
2 table spoons of  Louisianan hot sauce. 2 for hot 1 for medium 1/2 for mild or 0 if u don't like it spicy.
1 cup water.
1 frying pan  

Add all ingredients except noodles to the frying pan, simmer on medium low heat, until the chicken is no longer frozen and the onion is semi translucent (see through)  Mix the noodles in and coated well in the vegetable sauce mix. Stir until water is evaporated and noodles are soft or done to your desired consistency. I like my noodles semi soft. cause by the time it cools enough to eat they just perfect.

Enjoy this cheapish meal.  total cost for this dish is less than 2 dollars. it will make1 meal for 1 very hungry person or 2 meals for a semi hungry persons

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Happy Friday!!!!

Anyone have plans for the weekend?
 It's Scout week, so we have a night hike and a Baden-Powell dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

papers, study, haircut, job search.

speaking of haircuts, where are cheap places, doesn't Canada have like a Supercuts or Sportclips chain?

purelife

I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!!! *doing the happy Friday dance!*

Yep, go to local Barbers.  The cheapest I've seen around our area is $9 for men's cut.  

First Choice, Supercuts, Great Clips...we do have them.  There's a cheap one in most Zellers.

No plans for the weekend yet.  Just taking it easy, doing lots of sleeping in and doing whatever we feel like.  I like w/ends without plans.    

Sportsdude

Sportsdude

The weather is going to be nice.

Michel

purelife

It's in New West, Michel.  You willing to drive that far?  

ADD:  Address is 409-8th Street.  It's a small strip where there is a laundromat.  The guy charges $9.  Tel: 604-522-9995.  

There's another place that charges $10 about a 2 minute drive.  It's called First Choice at address 346 6th Street.  Look for 7-11.  Tel:  604-525-2299.   Let me warn you not to get the guy to cut your hair.  Get one of the ladies.  

Michel

|