So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Evening all. Oye how am I going to survive the next week and a half. One of these days its all going to collapse on me in a giant spectacle of fireworks. lol

Going to get my SIN card tomorrow, so I can work legally.

just got a pita, so I guess that's dinner.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Make sure you work for the government, SD. *hehehehehehe*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Morning everyone!
 This is my last Monday of freedom.  I start my new job next week.

SD- how to you get a Canadian SIN?  Aren't you here on a student visa?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

OH congrats Lil Me !!!  I had missed that in my 'catch-up'.  

I KNEW you'd get it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

*yawns* Good morning everyone!        

None

anyone ever hear from Kits? Or Kits Man?

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
Morning everyone!
 This is my last Monday of freedom.  I start my new job next week.

SD- how to you get a Canadian SIN?  Aren't you here on a student visa?

enjoy the freedom. :)

I'm a 'resident' of Canada (according to the government), I deal with Canadian Immigration (nice people really, they randomly call me on secret phone lines from undisclosed locations and I send stuff to them to p.o boxes in the middle of nowhere Alberta like I'm some secret agent on a mission) . I'm here on a permit as I stay longer than 6 months.
visas- 6 months and for people who are just 'visiting' me I got bigger plans

Student permits are like Temporary Workers I'm here for an alloted time, then I get it renewed and I stay longer, then after school you apply for PM and then I wait for 2 years after that I get a different passport and then a couple months or so after that I take an oath to a silly queen that you will never have to do, pathetic really, 'god save the queen but please not the king, I find him appalling' i think I'll say that as a joke, and I become Canadian and get my picture taken and the world comes to an end.

Anyway that's how the gig works, if my memory serves me well at 10am. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Haven't seen Kits for AGES, None.

Be nice SD.  If you can pledge allegiance to a silly flag, you can take an oath to a silly queen. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/d025.gif" border=0]

Gopher

I've always wondered why 'native borns' don't have to swear allegiance to anything at all.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Leftover beef stew for lunch.

I have bbq ribs in the slow cooker and can't wait to have that over rice and some salad for dinner tonight. :)

P.C.

Oh YUM purelife.  You gotta love the ol slow cooker when you're working.

Gophie wrote: I've always wondered why 'native borns' don't have to swear allegiance to anything at all.

I'm 'native born', and I swear a lot.

Lil Me

LOL!

Thanks, P.C.  I'm excited and terrified about the job.  I'm really excited about being able to leave work AT WORK, which doesn't happen when you're self-employed.  But I'm also a bit terrified because it's going to be a huge challenge.  I'm going to be managing a new office and warehouse for a local company.

purelife's dindin sounds delish. BBQ sauce, or a different sauce?

My dinner is going to be frozen fish fillets, potato salad, steamed veg.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

LOL.  I really don't plan to be the office nazi.  

|