So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I went to the Bacon Brothers favourite IGA. People seem to have a tense look about themselves there.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

Independent Grocers Alliance

Famous in the midwest for being just in the rural areas as a place farmers go to, so when I say people like going to IGA's up here, I get a 'no way' response.

Michel

Sportsdude

nice. morning,
I don't know how to dress for this mountain. lol

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

lol. just delete the excess bagage Michel.

Well I made up my mind, I decided to go skiing. I thought about not going and reading Hunter S. Thompson's coke fest of hilarity on America, as those 'crazy bats' at noon. lol
--------
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Then it was quiet again. My attorney had taken his shirt off and was pouring beer on his chest, to facilitate the tanning process. "What the hell are you yelling about?" he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound Spanish sunglasses. "Never mind," I said. "It's your turn to drive." I hit the brakes and aimed the Great Red Shark toward the shoulder of the highway. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.
------------
craziest opening two paragraphs I've ever read in a book. Its really hard to decide, ski or keep reading this masterpiece?

Michel

Michel

[/p]  

Orik

i think i would keep reading.

lunch is chili, puritan chili, mild variety.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Yummy.  I used to love the Puritan stew in a can.  Haven't had it for years.
 Or the Franco-American cheese noodles.  I don't even know if they still sell the noodles in Canada.

My lunch was leftover PB&J (didn't finish breakfast) and a pear.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

yeah the puritan stew is pretty good too. makes a fast cheap meal.  perfect for those days you just don't want to cook.  I don't know those noodles Lil_Me but the chow mien noodles that r sold in bulk from superstore r not to bad. add a handful of shredded cheddar or mozzerella and you have ur own cheesy noodles.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel

Lil Me

But you might meet single ladies there.  Shopping alone at night.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|