So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hai everyone.  Hope it was a good weekend.  Nice day out there today.
 I spent a lot of the weekend sleeping.  Last week was a bit crazy, and  felt like I needed some catchup.  So a nap on Sat and a nap on Sun.

Went out to a community fundraiser last night.  It was...weird.  There were quite a few people who came "unhinged" after a few drinks...and not necessarily in a good way.  

I'm still applying for jobs.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol....are unhinged people good fund raisers ?  

I wish I could nap.  I could use one now and then....but can't manage to do it.  It's so good for you if you can do it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

Hi Lil_me... Good Luck on the job thing...

be careful what u wish for. remember rip van winkle ?

or take me i used to wish i could nap more often. now i spend most of my days in a state of semi consciousness.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Even though it's in my face, it didn't register that it's FRIDAY THE 13TH !!!   [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif[/img]

I had Friday the 13th for nearly 48 hours and 10,000km !!

All in all it went pretty well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
lol....are unhinged people good fund raisers ?  --
 Sure.  They spent more on drinks $ than the rest of us.

Looks like another great day.  Coffee was good this morning.  MrLM, the scientist, is starting a daily "coffee log book" in an attempt to figure out what the magical formula is.  When I make coffee, there are some days when it is magically good.  Of course, I don't measure anything, so I have no friggin clue how to replicate that.  It's magic!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good morning Lil Me

Excellent idea on the coffee journal.  (I still miss my Nabob extra fine...things have just never been the same).  

Start strong and work backwards.

Lil Me

I hear you on that.  Weak coffee sucks, and there isn't much you can do to improve it.  

P.C.

There is nothing you can do to improve weak coffee.  I like to be able to chew it.

*I've noticed lately, that when I type in the bot word, it often lands in my text somewhere.  Anyone else having this problem ?  

purelife

Good afternoon everyone.

Lunch was a chicken wrap and a grapefruit.  I brought a whole cooked chicken from Costco and used the leftovers for a wrap.  It was amazingly delicious.

I hope everyone is having a good day.      

Sportsdude

lol. If there ever were two bored guys in the mid early to mid 20s last night it was my friend and I. We moped about our ages, and watched 12 straight hours of One Tree Hill. lol

And I did the same routine with another friend the day before, about being old.

I was going to go to Metrotown yesterday, instead I got on the wrong skytrain line and ended up at Brentwood. lol

Maybe next week I should go to Lougheed and experience that mall.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

lol. I'm sure I can handle the wilderness alone.  

Michel

Sportsdude

Well if Metrotown is an oasis, I'll take the desert. I hate that place, I feel like I'm in a corn maze there. The whole point of going to Metrotown is to figure out somehow to get passed the stage of just walking in a circle which I tend to do there. Plus I always go to Metrotown to go to Crystal Mall, yet I'm unable to find the 'exit' of the Metrotown prison.

And the mall maps are even more confusing.

Last time I was there I discovered the food court and Superstore, but then I got disoriented and had a hard time getting out of the lower level.

Michel

|