So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

49er wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I filled up at Costco at $1.81/gallon yesterday........some stations were down to as low as $1.75/gal.  Why is gas that expensive in Vancouver?[/div]

Government raping us and companies charging what they can.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

49er

Our gas is expensive when compared with other states (except Hawaii) because of environmental requirements in the processing of the gas

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Is it first thing in the morning when the temp is cold? Then it goes away?  I had loud "tappetts" (sp?) in my old truck, which I chose to ignore.

I was going to mention it could be lifters/ tappets. Could be out of adjustment, or in the case of LM, as the vehicle gets older it takes longer for the cold oil to flow and build up pressure in the hydraulic lifters to reduce the 'gap' so you dont hear a ticking or slapping sound.
Sorry, I tried to answer and had to reply.
On my truck is was a small exhaust leak between my drivers side head and exhaust header. I should have checked it a while ago, since I didnt, it was slowly eating away my metal exhaust gasket.. making the hole bigger and bigger, thus the sound getting louder. I just tighted the nuts for now, but really I should replace the gasket.
I also need to check my lifter adjustments.

EDIT: hows your oil level? Sometimes when the oil level gets lower, the lifters get louder

I'm off to console a friend.  The midlife crisis /marriage breakup saga is continuing to work its way through the neighbourhood.  Is it something in the water?  Or just our stage in life?  It's Melrose Place.

I dont envy you.. I have done this a few times now. Hey! At least you get to hear all the juicy details as to what happened!

In other news... I have been replacing the lights in my house with those IMO useless, low wattage energy saving bulbs. We are getting charged lots more on our bill cause we are a high user of energy... which in a way makes us shake our head cause we have a suite, but they dont take that into account. We will see.. we are planning on hooking up solar hot water panels, for heating and such. As well as in a few years getting solar panels for the roof. Maybe we will be doing it sooner than we thought..

Hows every else doing?

Michel

Lise

As usual Vancouver takes the cake at being pricey for everything. Why is the rest of Canada paying 70 cents while we still pay 90 cents plus at the pumps?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

We pay 7% PST, 5% GST, federal fuel excise tax (about 10cents/L for regular) plus 6cents/L transit tax.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

That's right.  I think Mission and Abbotsford are exempt from the transit tax.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
That's right.  I think Mission and Abbotsford are exempt from the transit tax.  

Because they're in the Fraser Valley and don't fall under Translink jurisdiction. They are not part of the Lower Mainland.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Rain today.
 Gotta get moving.  Lots to do.  Ack.

Sportsdude

snow in the mountains.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Michel wrote:
Speaking of transit, Translink called me today to make a survey on a Thursday. Hope this could help fixing the skytrain problems.

Im on that list that transdink uses for survey purposes. I was chosen because of where I live, my age group, and Im commonlaw with starfishie.

49er

just noticed the forum time stamp here is incorrect

|