Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Looks like more rain.
St. Seattle.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise @ Work

Have fun, LM. You sure go to a lotta places!

Speaking of meeting ppl on your hikes, do you really meet potential mates on hikes? I don't seemed to recall being in the best of mood when you're hiking. I mean, you're literally sweating like a pig, speaking is limited to grunting and swearing is usually top of the list. Then again - maybe some guys like that?

Michel

Michel

Van

Hi Michel,

Cranbrook is in the centre of the East Kootenays.

Oh yes tons of hikes all over. Mountain biking too. The town is pretty redneck and almost like a burned out forestry town, but the area is pretty amazing. Whereas Nelson is more of a relaxed, laid back town, I found Cranbrook is more of a tough, hunting, pissed off sawmill worker kind of town.

The East Kootenays go from the US border, up to the Golden area, east to the Alberta border, and west to the Creston area. Creston is the border zone. West of Creston is the West Kootenays until you get to about Rock Creek, then the Okanagan starts.

Outside of Cranbrook there is one hike there called Lakit and it takes you up to a lookout cabin at the top of the Rockies. Amazing view. Crazy hike though. Straight up for a couple hours. You have to bring water too, there is none at the top. Coming down is harder on my legs.

There is also a ton of intermediate and easy hikes too.

Generally, a sunny area too in comparison to the Coast Mountains.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Van

For sure. Kimberley is a bigger tourist spot with the nice golf courses and ski hill. Cranbrook is more of a grocery and gas stop for people.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

purelife

Wow, sounds like some good weekends planned!  We just have a family BBQ on Sat.

Hi everyone.    

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

I'm blind as a bat. 20/30
My life is over.
I when the eye doctor shook my hand and said 'congratulations' I looked down and saw an AARP mag.
I'm old
I'm old
waaah
I'm old

Michel

Sportsdude

Sure. Pass me a cold one. lol

Michel

|