So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Here's the website with all the information on memberships, Lise.
http://www.costco.ca/Common/Category.aspx?cat=503&eCat=BCCA|502|503&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Right_Nav2-_-Top_membership&lang=en-CA

They were trying to sell me on the Exec card the other day but the guy was talking way too fast for me that I just shrug him off.  So, maybe anyone can get it because I certainly don't own a business.

Lise

Thanks for all the heads up, folks. I'll certainly go ask them on my next visit.

Wow! I didn't know that you can get an American Express card in the state just for signing up for the membership. Interesting.

My co-worker's husband got an Executive card but he's into construction work so he buys like major stuff. At the end of one year, he even got like $8,000 back in return. I guess it's only good if you buy a lot from Costco.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hey guys, crappy day, so tired.

Anyway, I've got an issue. BC Med, I suspended my account for the summer because I wasn't going to be in the country. The person at the government building said I could only reinstate it at that government location. Is this true? God, I hope not. I don't have any days off during the week so getting to Nanaimo is going to be a pain.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

If I were you I wouldn't have suspended account.  You only need to do it if you were away from BC for over a year. (I could be wrong on this - better check BC Med website).

Can't you just call it a "change of address" instead of reinstatement?  Maybe this loop around will work.  I would call again (you might get a different answer) or read their website.

Michel

Sportsdude

Change my address to a US address? I only stopped it because a payment would of come up x2 during the summer and the mail that's going to my 'Canadian' address is being thrown away. People in Nanaimo don't keep it.    

Sportsdude

I have people I could stay with in Nanaimo, that's not the issue. The issue is the govt building closes at 4:30pm and it would probably take an hour or so to get to the ferry then the ferry itself is 2hrs, then 10 minutes by expensive taxi to Govt building. I don't have a 'free day' in my schedule. I can't just go over there when I feel like it. Plus the building isn't open on weekends.

All International Students suspended their account when they go home for summer. Only ones that don't are the ones that stay here. A couple people think the Nanaimo people are full of themselves so I don't know.

purelife

Change your address to your UBC location in Sept.  Oh, that is why you stopped it.

Try calling when you get to UBC and then tell them you have changed your address and to reactivate your account.  Tell them that you don't live in Nanaimo anymore.  Let's see if this will work with them.

GRRRRR... I too had terrible and stressful experiences with BC Med

Good luck!

Sportsdude

Hopefully that works. If it does, that saves me a ton of money because the only way I'll be able to get to Nanaimo before a 4:30pm closing time is by those prop planes.  

purelife

If they are sticking to that, could someone possibly do it for you?  Or, aren't there forms you could fill out and send them in instead of seeing them in person?  

Michel

Lil Me

I've moved in and out of the province a bunch of times and never dealt with BC Med in person.  The phone people are pretty good.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

SD.....Medical is a provincial thing.  You don't need to go to Nanaimo to do business with this.  Vancouver will be just fine.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Ah I get what you are saying Michel.
Nope, I can't have somebody do except myself, its our medical cards pl! lol

Sportsdude

Yeah that's what my friend said PC. If Vancouver says no, then whatever.
With my experiences with inept Rogers, I'm afraid of doing stuff over the phone.

|