So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
 From the dictionary of me:
  On the flip side, 'intellectual eater' is someone who, eats these types of food only to then boast about going to these places in front of their 'uncultured' conservative friends to feed their sad little egos because they live in a Red State.  See Name: 'Food Dropping' p. 86.

--
 And...lemme guess...the music that goes with this is a Horn Solo, played tootingly, by the mid-western intellectual eater.
 Party of 1.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

No usually the 'intellectual eater' despises rap, only listens to 'indie music' or 'music with a social message'. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

tootie frutie.  

Van

Russ wrote:
  It was a good weekend Van.. how did your friends over go? Is that 'lady friend' you are talking about that hot waitress?

Weekend was fantastic. So good to see these friends.  It has been too long!

Nah, that hot waitress isn't the same girl. I have yet to have a normal breathing pattern around that waitress...1 step at a time!

This other girl is just a friend of a friend...of a friend. Nothing serious. Just mentioned hanging out with our mutual friends for Canada Day weekend.

Either way, I think there will be some beers involved.

Good evening. BBQ salmon w/rice, asparagus and salad tonight.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Don't swim too fast, you might need a bigger pool.

Did that happen to you before?

Too fast for the pool?

Too huge for the gym?

Too talented for the football team?

Too fast on a bike for the trails?

Too intelligent for your fellow Americans?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
No usually the 'intellectual eater' despises rap, only listens to 'indie music' or 'music with a social message'. lol

Says who? I am not a fan of rap, but I do understand some of it to be rather intellectual. Also, a lot of indie music is junk food for the ears. Depends on the artist. Who is anyone to say one for is more intellectual than the other?

Lil Me

Teatime and TV time.

Got an un-intellectual DVD from the library- The Best of Wayne and Schuster.

Sportsdude

Gosh a joke/satire playing on stereotypes/something that you would see on urban dictionary, automatically becomes question period. lol

Good Evening. Had a pork sandwich. Working on German.

Lise

Good morning everyone! How is everyone today. Looks like a wonderful day ahead of us.

Taking Friday afternoon off. Woohooo!!! Can't wait. I'm so tired of everyone at work. You almost need a break from work after a couple of days working there.

2nd year students looking worn-out and tired. They're like the most competitive bunch ever, like some were making teeth models till 11.30pm then wake up around 5am to study and go to clinic. And this is ONLY the 2nd year! Some awesome students, some already showing attitudes - man, imagine these guys out of university and into the world. We gotta shape them into caring dentists before they leave!

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Michel

Lise @ Work

Ja, you would think that these students would ease up on the workload a bit. I mean, c'mon... is it necessary to take like 18 impressions on a single student? Make the world's most perfect model, punch the world's best rubber dam or have safety glasses WITHOUT any marks? Jaysus. They drive us insane with their request. It's like a Do or Die for them.

Then again, these guys are smart as hell. They've got to be if they wanna survive in this dog eat dog world.

Michel

Lil Me

Yes, they're motivated and driven students, but it's also a big game.....  I've played "the game" myself (not in dentistry, lol)-- and yes, to an outsider looking in, the keeners look like freaks.  It's really difficult to keep your life in balance-- as your field of study can become your only outlet for socializing, recreation, etc.

These kids will become normalized sooner or later--- after they graduate and get on with their lives.

|