So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Meh, us 'mericans would just say chicken wrap. We ain't down with the fancy names.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

I know its Arab, which is the problem. If you want to sell that here in 'middle america' you don't call it by its real name. Either say its Greek food or a Chicken Wrap. Middle Eastern food isn't popular around here for the reasons I am implying. If they are only 'affluent' or 'liberals' eat it (the stereotype anyway).

Michel

Sportsdude

There's food in Vancouver that I swear I can't find here. First this isn't a mecca for Greek food and there's only two Korean places and 3 or so Indian places. Then again this is area is little Mexico, little Italy and Irish themed pubs.

No the 'intellectual' food or 'in' food is Afghan and Ethopian. Early 90s when the city was stayed alive because of the Bosnian wars. Bosnian was king in the 'intellectual' department. Seriously, this city needs to have a park, a monument, and name a neighbourhood after Molosvic and other beligrents. There actions saved this city. It actually grew in population during the 90s. lol  

Michel

Russ

LOL. Um I love how things get off on a curve here on DS.

Im still calling it a falafel. If my puny brain can remember that far back it even said that on the menu. Dont make me go there to prove it!

Ok, im not getting anything at all accomplished this afternoon. Its pretty bad.. I drove my buddy to the airport and filled up my Tahoe with fuel (i had to swipe my CC twice!). Oh and I cleaned up some garbage from last night.

I think Starfish is going to kill me, lol.

I gots my 100 dollars of my money back today in the mail.. I wonder how much it cost to print and send to every person in BC? At least they are attempting to keep Canada Post people here working I guess.

Im with Lise on Conan...

It was a good weekend Van.. how did your friends over go? Is that 'lady friend' you are talking about that hot waitress?          
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

There's food in Vancouver that I swear I can't find here. First this isn't a mecca for Greek food and there's only two Korean places and 3 or so Indian places. Then again this is area is little Mexico, little Italy and Irish themed pubs.

No the 'intellectual' food or 'in' food is Afghan and Ethopian. Early 90s when the city was stayed alive because of the Bosnian wars. Bosnian was king in the 'intellectual' department. Seriously, this city needs to have a park, a monument, and name a neighbourhood after Molosvic and other beligrents. There actions saved this city. It actually grew in population during the 90s. lol  

SD, I think it's all much simpler than all that.  It isn't there, most likely because the population of such ethnicity's probably isn't there.  Could it be that simple ?

(intellectual food ?....lol)  I can picture a restaurant with a sign on the door.....'No Idiots Allowed'

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Oops....I'm a little slow.  I think I just said basically the same thing Michel said.

Russ....falafel is supposed to be a little patty made out of chick peas and spices.  Yummmmmy.  I usually eat them in a pita with tahini.

Like these little guys....

[A href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Falafel.JPG[/img][img height=263 alt=Image:Falafel.JPG src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Falafel.JPG" width=350 border=0][/A]  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
    (intellectual food ?....lol)  I can picture a restaurant with a sign on the door.....'No Idiots Allowed'[/DIV]

I think they kinda covered that with the 'no shirt, no shoes, no service'. Or at least hope they did.

If it makes you feel better SD.. theres not alot of mexican food around here. I can think of only two mexican restaurants that are semi authentic.    

Michel

P.C.

I'm still trying to sort out what intellectual food is.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]  

Russ

Michel wrote:
 Russ you have a mission, bring starfish to that [STRIKE]falafel[/STRIKE] shawarma place and order a shawarma AND some falafels (not too much you won't like it lol), hence you can RIP if starfish still wants to kill you.

LOL you bugger. I just snorted coke all over my laptop.

I dunno if I can convince her of that. its over the bridge in ditchmond and it will be rushhour... I think she also wants pasta too. Hmm, I will create some fiction from the facts and attempt to git er done.      

|