So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Lise wrote:
I have two little ones of my own. Both young enough to drive anyone insane. The endless demands, the tantrums, the need to rush to the bathroom in 2.2 seconds of announcing. Is it worth it? Totally. I just wished I get paid for all this.

ok, tantrums aside, I would say these are the days you will look back on and a tear will form in your eye though. Although, my mom said the toddler age was 1000 times better than the teen years. ha!

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

Oh ja! For sure, as my co-worker would say, 'when they're small, you get the small problems but when they're big, it's the bigger problems that'll keep you on the edge.'

Sorry for vanishing like that - the loading time here was taking forever.

Were you a problematic teen, Van? Did you give your parents a hard time? Speaking for myself, I think I wasn't a rebel kid. I was the *cough cough* good girl. The responsible one who had to grow up a bit faster because I had to take care of my little sisters. Our parents weren't with us when we migrated to Australia. We had to stay with our aunt who boarded and fed us but that's about it. She didn't want anything to do with us.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Lise wrote:
Oh ja! For sure, as my co-worker would say, 'when they're small, you get the small problems but when they're big, it's the bigger problems that'll keep you on the edge.'

Sorry for vanishing like that - the loading time here was taking forever.

Were you a problematic teen, Van? Did you give your parents a hard time? Speaking for myself, I think I wasn't a rebel kid. I was the *cough cough* good girl. The responsible one who had to grow up a bit faster because I had to take care of my little sisters. Our parents weren't with us when we migrated to Australia. We had to stay with our aunt who boarded and fed us but that's about it. She didn't want anything to do with us.[/DIV]
 Haha! I went through a phase. I wouldn't say problematic. Not to sound like I am 'telling', but my sister gave my parents some serious grief.  Of course after the teen years, my mom and her are best buddies.

Sounds like you and your sis had a real adventure!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

You and your sister were rebels? C'mon... you seem like a well thought out guy. I couldn't imagine you being the rebellious teen there. What did you do that you would give them such grief?  An adventure? Nope, it wasn't really one but we did have our moments. We were pretty much left on our own. I had to dole out a bit of cash each week so it would last us, we would all go out to the city together (see the zoo, aquarium etc).... at one point, I had to teach them how to put on a bra and explain what a period is. My youngest sister burnt herself with hot water the other night and I had to change her bandages and bathed her.

We were so young back then, we didn't have anyone else but each other. Times were tough but as long as we were together, we were fine.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Me? I was a normal Canadian boy. Full of testosterone and spirit.

lol, 'well thought out guy'. Of course those teen years were some time ago. Many moons!

My sis on the other hand, I can't get into details. She is a sweet friend these days. She and my mom fought a lot. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night where my dad was pulling them apart from fighting.   Both black and blue the next day.

Like I said though, they are great friends now.  A decade and a bit later.

Van

ok...my house is still a pig sty. I need a self cleaning house or a robot maid like on the Jetsons...or even a real living French Maid would be ok too.

Chat later.

Lil Me

Finally home after a loooong day.
 I wonder if I missed Russ.

*shouts* RUSSMEISTER!  Have a good weekend trip.  The chicken burgers I've been using are frozen in a case at Costco.  Made of ground chicken, bread crumbs, spices.  Pretty good, especially when finished with a bit of BBQ sauce.

Sushi for dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Home after a long day and 3hrs of sleep, soon I have to go to work... :(
I need to remember to sleep sometimes, half way through German class I couldn't read the white board anymore. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Russ - salmon/veggie burgers go well on the barbie, too.  And these can be purchased from Costco.

Lil Me

Feeling slightly anxious and sad tonight. Mr LM left for the airport on another secret ops mission and he's not due back in Canada for a while now.  *sighs*   I always ask myself, Can I Do This?  I know I can...I'm just tired and having a moment of self doubt.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

He's gone again? That was quick.

P.C.

Oh god.....I must be tired too.  I just posted IN your post.

Awww.....sorry Lil Me.  I can't think of anyone I know who is better equipped to handle anything....although I understand your feelings.  Fatigue will magnify everything.  Sounds like a 'Me day' is needed.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

OH double crap.  I edited part of your post out....and only kept what I was replying to Lil Me......I thought I was in the reply window, when I was in the modify window.

I'm SO sorry.

Sportsdude

hmm?
lol

Ah no biggie.

P.C.

I'm clearly ready for bed.  Good night SD and Lil Me.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k015.gif" border=0]

|