So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Chat later PC.

I think tonight is a 'turn up the music and get the house clean' kind of night. Guests coming in tomorrow.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Good idea.  I think I'll line up a good 'house cleaning playlist' too.

Later  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

You actually have a song to play to when cleaning up the house? Right............... the only music that I hear when I clean the toilet is 'I HATE THIS DAMN TOILET' or 'WHY CAN'T MEN CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES'. Usually a hit with the kids.

OK, off to Metrotown with some heavy duty shopping with kids in tow.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Morning!  It's looking grey and ominous out there.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Hi Lil Me!

looks like sun is on the horizon though! yay!

Yikes, Lise is off to metrotown. What a place.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Morning/Afternoon!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Van

*procrastinating house cleaning*

Hi everyone. BBQ chicken burgers for supper.

Russ

Evening Miss LM and others!

Today was a last minute rush with getting little insignificant things on the truck done like fill up the oil, fix the exhaust leak, put on some reverse lights.. But it runs good and shouldn't tear off a front shock this time out.

Stocking up on booze and a costco run for food in the next 20 minutes. Im thinking steaks, and chicken for dinners, with burgers and hotdogs for lunches.

Chicken burgers sound good LM.. hey question for ya, where do you get yours and what are a good kind to get? One of buddies latest felines he's going out with doesnt eat beef so we are trying to think of alternatives. My suggestion of salad, carrots and ranch dressing the whole weekend didnt go over too well aparently.

Talk to ya all later.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Ground turkey and chicken mix together. Add in minced chicken, garlic, salt & pepper, dash of chilli powder. Works well as a burger. The kids love eating this mix and as a burger.

Metrotown is the place! I love this mall, I call it my hood. Did the choo-choo train ride (twice), saw some dogs (kids went bonkers) and the Toys R Us run. Speed shopping thru T&T then home and lunch. Totally exhausted - we slept for 1 hour plus.

I don't know how anyone can do it day after day after day hanging out with children. They totally exhaust you.

Silver fish (yes, complete with head, guts and all) in a batter paste (deep fried them) and roasted duck, leftover Thai curry for dinner. My hubby turned a shade green when I showed him the fish but who cares? They tasted delicious!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Hi Russ. Not sure how Lil Me does the chicken burger? I buy fresh chicken breasts usually whatever store I am in at the time. I then use a glass container I have and marinade with a bit of olive oil, red wine, tiny bit of vinegar, and chicken and rib BBQ sauce overnight. Then when I cook them on med-low heat, I baste with the same marinade mix, but with a higher concentration of BBQ sauce.

Add cheese, a multigrain bun, salad, baked potater on the side...and ice cold beer. If you don't have an ice cold beer, there is no point in anything really.    

Van

Lise wrote:
  I don't know how anyone can do it day after day after day hanging out with children. They totally exhaust you.

Do you mean your own? Or other children? I would say hanging out with your own children day after day after day is they way nature intended it for at least one parent. Having to have two paycheques just to make ends meet, while paying someone a major chunk of that pay cheque to babysit is far from natural.  But the new world is far from natural anyways.

P.C.

I was kind of the opposite.  I couldn't stand the thought of someone else getting to see my kids do all their 'firsts'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

*Blesses for PC*

I bet your kids love you to pieces.

Lise

I have two little ones of my own. Both young enough to drive anyone insane. The endless demands, the tantrums, the need to rush to the bathroom in 2.2 seconds of announcing. Is it worth it? Totally. I just wished I get paid for all this.

I agree about the babysitting. It's such a waste of money to spend on babysitting. We're blessed because we have our mamma-in-law who watches them while we work. She's a true diamond. We saved on a lot because of her. Bloody expensive just to hire a nanny - it's something like $800/month to do so. Daycare is also like $800 to $900 per month which is ridiculous. And how much does the government gives? $200 per child. Not even enough to clothed and feed the child. *sigh*

Bill Cosby.

|